XLIV. AMPLIFICATION

XLIV. AMPLIFICATION

Madison awoke to Liam's arm snaked around her waist. His face was buried in her shoulder, the werewitch fighting back a smile at the sight.

Madison ran a hand through Liam's hair, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek. She watched him inhale and exhale for a moment, the sun shining bright on his face.

She felt Liam subconsciously hold her closer, though Madison had to gently wiggle out of his grip. Her phone had been buzzing against the coffee table for a good five minutes, and as much as Madison wanted to ignore it, she knew she couldn't.

She picked up her phone, unlocking it as she read through text after text. Her eyes widened with shock. Although Madison and Liam had gone to bed late, the night had been far from over.

The Beast had attacked again, it had headed for the hospital, and Scott, Stiles and the Sheriff had arrived to the scene to find Parrish, who's eyes were glowing a bright orange as he slumped again a crisp wall.

Though the bright orange eyes were barely surprising.

Parrish was a hellhound.

Madison wasn't sure what that exactly entailed, but after she fled the scene at the Argent bunker, Parrish had apparently arrived soon after. The two Argent men had been able to discover his supernatural identity almost immediately.

Scott and Stiles had also gone to visit Deaton. The veterinarian showed the pair the true intentions of Dr. Valack, revealing his horrifying past of terrifying creations he had done to others in the sickening career, and no doubt would be attempting to do to Lydia.

Madison swallowed thickly, anxiety flooding her system. She suddenly felt more awake, rubbing away any remaining sleepiness from her eyes.

Madison slowly stood up, careful not to wake Liam as she headed for the kitchen. She opened the fridge, pouring herself a glass of ice water as she quickly downed it.

She jumped slightly as a vigorous knocking sounded on the door, and Madison was able to smell Stiles' scent a mile away.

She heard Stiles turn the key into the lock entering the apartment as he yelled out Madison's name.

Madison was quick to lightly jog towards the front door, watching Liam stir awake and roll off the couch at Stiles' entrance.

Madison looked at the beta with raised eyebrows and he sleepily grinned, the werewitch playfully rolling her eyes as she stepped over him and greeted Stiles. 

"Good morning Little Argent," Stiles began, stepping inside as he made awkward eye contact with Liam, "oh...Liam's here...yay."

Madison sniffled a laugh at Stiles' unamused expression, glancing over to Liam who frowned. The werewitch looked back to Stiles, watching the senior anxiously bite at the skin on his fingers.