LI. SUPERPOSITION

LI. SUPERPOSITION

The following morning had been weird for Madison. The entire day she had felt like there was a thought in the back of her mind, like a word of the tip of her tongue that she couldn't quite place.

Other than that weird feeling, the day had gone smoothly. Madison was still on edge as the thought of the Ghost Riders plagued her mind, to the point she had even broken into the library later that night to see if she could find anything to help her.

Her and Liam had gone together, and parted ways when Liam had went to practice lacrosse on the field with Scott. The alpha had been trying to give Liam extra practice lately, as he was retiring from the role of team captain and wanted Liam to follow in his footsteps.

Liam didn't think he had what it took to be the team captain, no matter how many times Madison reassured him he had all the qualities of an amazing team captain and more.

The extra practice would be good for not only preparation for the team captain, but an outlet to let out pent up frustration and anxiety.

Madison ran a hand through her hair as she scanned the library for what felt like the hundredth time, unable to find anything remotely helpful in discovering more information about the Ghost Riders.

The room had been quiet, with just Madison and one other student in the library.

The silence lasted all but a minute—when the wind harshly forced the doors open. Madison raised an eyebrow, peering out from behind the stack of books she was going through.

She gasped as she watched the student from before being lifted into the air by two whips, his neck being strangled as he struggled to break free.

Madison stood up, her feet carrying her in the boy's direction to help him. She raised her hand in the air, generating a spark to try and cut through the material wrapped around his neck.

Before Madison could do anything, she was knocked over into a corner, feeling a hand grabbing the hem of her sleeve.

Her usual vision suddenly shifted to a bright, hazy green as she noticed herself in Corey's hold, seeing things through his chameleon vision as he looked at her worriedly. He made a motion with his hand to stay quiet, and Madison obliged and concentrated on slowing her rapid heartbeat.

She could suddenly see the Ghost Riders, instead of just their whips, as they lowered the student further into the air before he disappeared in a burst of fog, the Ghost Rider's whips retracting.

The creatures heavy boots clanked against the floor as they jumped down from the second story, the door opening in front of them as they trudged outside.

The doors slammed shut as Madison swallowed harshly, freeing herself from Corey's grip as she collected herself.

Had she really just witnessed someone get taken?