L. MEMORY LOST

L. MEMORY LOST

Six months had passed since the Beast was defeated. The holidays passed smoothly, and Madison celebrated her sixteenth birthday with the people she cherished the most.

Liam was by her side through it all, and Madison was eternally grateful to enjoy his presence without having to worry about any supernatural problems. The control of her powers had increased greatly, with tons of role models in the pack to guide her.

Madison changed her life around in the last six months, she had started to take care of herself along with putting effort into school, the reality of college became apparent as she noticed most of her friends preparing for graduation, with only one trimester left until summer.

Madison and Liam had driven out to the woods, on a date to celebrate the last day of spring break. The March air breezed on Madison's face as she sat in the passenger seat, Liam's hand on her thigh as he drove.

Madison snuck a glance at the beta who was running a hand through his brunette locks. He had taken the time to grow out his hair, and it was safe to say Madison was borderline obsessed.

It was easy to ignore that Liam's car barely worked when Madison had a sight like hers. The werewitch had originally insisted the pair to take her car—after turning sixteen she had begged Chris to buy her a new car to get around, and he finally obliged after weeks of pestering.

However, Liam had also gotten a car the same time as Madison, though his was a hand-me-down model that only stopped fully functioning weeks ago. The car came to a full stop, as Liam sighed out of frustration, stepping out of the car.

Madison had gotten out to help him, there had been times when the beta's car had broken down before and the two had inspected the car to find out what needed to be fixed in order to get on the road again.

While Madison hadn't thought the car malfunction put a damper on their date, Liam thought the opposite.

"What's wrong?" Asked Madison.

"Nothing," Liam brushed off with a shrug, taking a few steps towards his girlfriend.

Madison sighed, running a hand through Liam's hair.

"We should've taken my car," The werewitch affirmed, raising her eyebrow, "like I said. More than once."

"It's a new car," Liam reasoned, and Madison looked at the ground with a playful chuckle.

"When? Twenty-five years ago?" The girl quipped with a snort.

Liam rolled his eyes with a smile, mocking his girlfriend with a chuckle. Madison grinned, feeling her cheeks blush.