XIII. SAVIORS

XIII. SAVIORS

By the time the sun had set, and the day turned into night, Madison and Liam had not made any progress. The night sky illuminated the top of the well, the water growing colder and the wind becoming heavier.

Liam"s breathing grew ragged as Madison tried to help him stay calm. The two were exhausted, after having spent hours trying to climb the wall, before deciding that they needed a break.

They had attempted yelling, but their voices had grown hoarse as the exhaustion and poison took more and more effect.

"Liam," Madison whispered. "I'm going to try to climb one more time, okay?"

Liam looked at Madison and nodded. She slipped out of her spot where she stood as she began to climb up the wall. Her hands had blisters and her feet hurt like hell.

She nearly reached the top, before her foot slipped, sending her flying down. She was able to let out a scream, that hopefully someone would hear, before she splashed back into the water.

She gasped, sputtering slightly as she coughed. Liam patted her back and frowned.

"I'm going to try again." Madison decided, but before she could, Liam stopped her.

"Hold on, let me try. I'm running out of energy, so I might as well use it before it's gone."

Madison looked at Liam. She didn't want him to get hurt, but if neither of them were successful in getting out, they would most likely be stuck here until their demise.

She nodded as he hoisted himself up against a couple rocks and began to climb. She watched as Liam easily nearly reached the top, before his legs began to give out.

His shoes struggled to find an area to rest as his fingers began to loose its grip. Liam panted, removing a hand from the stones as he looked down at Madison. Their eyes met as she gave him a thumbs up in encouragement.

Liam grunted, his hand slipping off the rocks, nearly sending him flying back down. Before he could, a hand reached down and grabbed his. He was pulled up from the well as he looked down.

Madison couldn't hear what was going on above the surface, but she felt her heart racing and her body growing tired. It was a few minutes later when Scott came to get her up.

"You're okay, you two. It's okay." Scott said, not missing how their hands were locked together as they shivered in fear.

Madison felt like the next few hours had blurred together. She struggled to decipher when exactly her powers returned, but nonetheless, was relieved to have them back.

Scott had taken the witch and the beta into Dr. Deaton's office, where she currently stood.

Liam gripped her hand for support, watching as Deaton removed the poison from him. The Argent girl couldn't help but cringe as she saw the wolfsbane evaporate into a thick, yellow smoke.