XXIV. TRUST

XIV

XIV. TRUST

The previous night had been filled with lots of laughter, snacks, and movies. Madison and Isaac had woken up at nearly 11am that morning, various candies piled up in their laps as Harry Potter was playing in the background. Madison had stolen the blanket from Isaac as they slept, the beta having adorned a rude awakening as the cool breeze hit against his bare skin.

Isaac had done a great job at helping Madison calm down, the witch waking up and feeling like a new person. She didn't feel guilty anymore, and had felt more human than she had in a while. She had gone to school and had a generally quite normal day, and was currently following Isaac as he departed from his locker into the hallways.

The two had met up with Stiles and Liam minutes before, Madison glancing over at Liam every few minutes and looking away rapidly when they made eye contact.

"Where's Scott?" Isaac questioned, taking notice of the absent alpha.

"You're right, where is Scott? I haven't seen him since yesterday." Madison noticed, her head tilting to the side slightly.

"That's what I've been telling him," Liam agreed, pointing a finger at Stiles, "I have no clue where he is, and I need to speak to him."

Madison frowned at Liam's voice, strained with worry and distress. She put a comforting hand on his shoulder, the beta looking whirling around with red cheeks to look at her.

Madison retracted her hand almost instantly, her body heating up as she bit her lip to contain her awkwardness. She hadn't seen nor spoken to Liam since she had slept over at his house, not sure how to spark up a conversation as her words would get caught up in her throat and she'd become embarrassingly tongue tied.

"Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." Stiles replied, waving the concerned freshmen off as he entered the locker room.

"Well, how late is late? Is he always late?" Liam asked, his tone filled with worry as he anxiously playing with the strap of his backpack.

"We're playing Devenford Prep again, and this time it's an actual game. He-he, he shouldn't be late." Liam stressed, his eyes wide as he continued to stutter on, until Coach came from behind him.

"Who shouldn't be late?"

Liam snapped his mouth shut, closing his eyes for a moment as Stiles looked to him for an explanation.

"Scott and Kira," he replied, wincing as he blinked when seeing the look on Coach's face.

"They might be slightly late."

"Slightly late- is still late. What are they doing?"

Liam and Stiles were at a loss for words, Isaac even being short for a response.