XXXIV. STRANGE FREQUENCIES

After an hour or two of convincing, Madison had persuaded Liam into telling Hayden about the Dread Doctors. Liam didn't want to go alone and begged Madison to go with him.

The witch denied the request, explaining how she had something to attend to but for her boyfriend to call her if he needed anything. She watched the beta pout, giving her his best puppy eyes as Madison looked down at the floor, not wanting to give in to Liam's devious tricks.

The witch kissed her boyfriend goodbye, watching him leave her apartment. The witch was out of her house moments later, after breaking into Isaac's bedroom and stealing the keys to his car.

Madison knew how to drive—not well, but enough to get her where she needed to go. If a deputy stopped her, the witch could manipulate the victim's mind to forget anything happened.

An easy enough plan, the witch decided. Giving herself a firm nod in the rearview mirror as the power engine turned on. The car sprung to life quickly, not needing multiple tries—unlike the Jeep.

Madison, however, found it odd and wished she were in the comfort of the blue vehicle. The witch placed her hands on the steering wheel, reluctantly pressing forwards on the gas pedal and heading towards her destination.

She was going to the Argent Bunker.

The last time Madison had gone to the Argent bunker, she wasn't alone. That had also happened to be the time she had gone with Isaac, nearly wounding him—and Madison didn't want to risk anything bringing someone along with her again.

The witch trudged through the slightly damp concrete, her black boots echoing throughout the tunnel. When she reached the opening to the bunker, Madison used her powers to pry the door open, a low growl emitting from her throat at the amount of force she was using.

The creaky metal opened with a splatter of dust, coating Madison's face as the witch blew off the dust with an annoyed huff. The bunker was dark, and Madison grumbled when she realized she had forgotten a flashlight. Madison swirled her hand, a ball of light levitating above her palm.

The witch squinted, looking around the bunker for any books that could be useful. It had been ages since the last time Madison had been in here; she had only ever been in once—and that was with Allison and Gerard.

The bunker wasn't too familiar, and Madison must've spent a little under an hour looking for books. The witch stumbled upon a tap covering a wall, and out of curiosity, she pulled it down, revealing an old, dusty bookcase.

Madison grinned.

"Bingo."

***