23

January 25th 2020 / 2 months and 3 weeks and 4 days later Saturday

Minas POV

Living Room

Tv

~ A Police Officer chief from SPD claims that they have no documents on CEO Chou Tzuyus death and say that they have never found a body of hers. And says that are sure there is something more to her disappearance and someone is trying to cover it up saying she committed suicide. Is she really dead? Or is she alive? Where is Chou Tzuyu? ~

 Is she really dead? Or is she alive? Where is Chou Tzuyu? ~

"People are still in denial that she's dead".

I looked at Tae. As Taehyung's dismissive words hung in the air, a knot of frustration tightened in my chest. How could he be so callous, so indifferent to his own sister's tragic end? But as much as I wanted to confront him, to shake him out of his cold detachment, I knew it would be futile. Especially when he knows we had something.

"She is your sister aren't you at least a bit sad?", I asked.

"Why would I be sad? She tried taking you away from me. She chose her own path. I don't even know where she got the gun from. Guns are illegal".

With a heavy sigh, I pushed back the surge of anger and disappointment that threatened to consume me.

"What do you want for dinner?", I asked, attempting to steer the conversation away from the painful topic of Tzuyu's death.

"Oh, I can't have dinner. I have a meeting and some work to do. I'm sorry", Taehyung replied, his tone casual but something in his demeanour caught my attention.

A flicker of suspicion stirred within me as I studied him, a nagging feeling that there was more to his sudden preoccupation than he was letting on. But I pushed the thought aside, unwilling to delve into yet another confrontation.

"Ah, okay. I'll make dinner for myself then", I replied, forcing a smile despite the unease that gnawed at me.

~ A few minutes later ~

Kitchen

With a heavy heart, I turned my attention to the task of preparing dinner, the rhythmic motions of chopping and stirring providing a temporary respite from the turmoil of my emotions. But even as I went through the motions, the memory of Tzuyu lingered in the air, a silent presence that could not be erased. I miss her so much... I wanted to apologise.