Hey...just a quick note

So, I came back about four? Five? Maybe six years after I finished this fanfic just to address one issue.

I wish you can read this until the end because the issue I want to address is actually very frustrating to me.

I just want to let you know that I wrote this fic when I was 12. I'm a very short kid and was always bullied for it. I just learned to live with it and accept that my height is below average. That's why I like writing OCs who are also short to at least make myself feel good about my small stature, including this fanfic. But I kept getting comments like "I'm 5'5" or "I'm not that short!" And there is even that, "So I'm short now?"

Basically comments that say that they are not as short as Hazel and having passive-aggressive reaction about it. I don't know if you guys meant it as passive-aggressive but that's just how it reflects to me. As if my readers are so offended to be called "short" on a fanfic that clearly describes an OC.

This kept rubbing me the wrong way. I'm 18 now and still haven't reached 5-foot height. Maybe I won't ever be able to. So I sometimes envy those commenters who tell me that they're younger than me and is so much taller than me. Good for you, I guess.

I wrote this fanfic as an xOC so with Hazel being my OC, I get to decide what I do with her and how she looks so I made her the same height as me that time.

I get that my readers wouldn't know I'm short. But I already put an xOC on the title itself, to let them know that it is NOT A READER INSERT so that they wouldn't get the idea that they can put themselves in the story as themselves. Apparently that wasn't enough.

I know not all my readers commented like that or reacted like that to Hazel's height, so I'm sorry for my rant but I have been holding off this whole situation for 6 years now.

If you read it to this part, thank you. And I hope you understand my frustration.