« Chapter 7- At the Former HQ »

Hazel's P.o.v

We're on our way to the former Headquarters of the Survey Corps. Levi's the one leading us there and I'm sure, the time we get there, the sooner we'll clean that shit. For now, Olou's been talking shit with Yeager as I sighed.

"Olou, we all know you're imitating Levi so stop what you're doing because its fucking annoying. It doesn't even suit your wrinkled face," I said and I saw he was annoyed but smirked again.

"Tch, I'm not imitating him. I actuall-*splak!*" I rolled my eyes at him. Tch, bit his tongue again. I'm surprised he still have blood in his body with that.

"Uhh, Hazel-san, is he going to be okay?" Yeager asked.

"Tch, he'll be fine. But I wish he would just go to hell because he's fucking annoying," I said. We've reached the Castle like HQ and we tied our horses to a tree since the stable's filthy. Petra's lecturing Olou again and as for the two giants in the squad, they observed the HQ. I saw the troublesome's looking at them.

"Tch, worried they'd kill you?" I asked as he turned to me. "They have to go through me first before they kill you,"

"I'm worried about being berserk again. Like what happened back at Trost," he said as I smack the back of his head. Real hard. "What was that for?"

"If you become berserk, what's my role here? Haven't I told you? I'm your guardian, your protector. If you went berserk, I'll make sure you'll be back to normal. And that? Like what Levi said, we could discipline you by any kind of harm. That's the weakest," I said walking away but I stopped.

"And if they even tried to kill you, I'm always alert to strike first. I'm the 2nd strongest in this squad. Next to that shorty captain of ours," I added and followed the others inside.

[Time skip]
3rd person's P.o.v

Like what Hazel thought, they would clean the former HQ, spotless. Hazel helped Petra to clean the corridors and the rooms. After cleaning, she went to her room. It was spacious. Not like her last room at the other headquarters. She put all her belongings at the cabinet. The bed, the mattress seemed unused or maybe it was replaced. After that she went out for something to do. Like training or maybe feeding Raven.

On her way out, she met up with Levi as she ignored him. After what he'd done to her in the courthouse, she hated Levi more.

"Bruagstien," Levi called but she ignored him. "Tch, I'm calling you cadet!" Levi demand but no sign of attention from the blonde girl. It pissed Levi and grabbed her by the wrist.

"What's your problem, Levi?!" Hazel asked clearly with hatred and annoyance, but she was surprised that Levi isn't glaring intently like he normally do. His glare is soft...

"Why are you ignoring me huh, Bruagstien?" Levi asked as Hazel broke free his grasp.

"And what's your problem with that? I normally ignored you," Hazel asked trying to calm down. She was really surprised at how Levi is acting. "What do you want?"

"Are you okay now?" Hazel's eyes widened at his question. He's asking her if she's okay. What does he mean by that? Does he mean, is she done with the cleaning? Or does it mean something else?

"Okay, you're freaking me out, Levi. You've been acting weird lately. I should be the one asking you that. Tch, just to answer your question, I'm fine. Now, I need to go," she said trying to ease up the atmosphere. Then she left, leaving Levi there standing watching as she leave.

'What's the problem with me? Why do I care so much about that brat? And why do it somehow hurt me when she's ignoring me?' Levi asked himself. He can't identify the feeling whenever Hazel ignore him or whenever she speak to him with hatred or annoyance. It kind of pierced something inside of him.

"Levi Heichou! Lunch's ready," Gunther said as Levi walk pass through him. Gunther felt his mood is not good so he kept quiet.

"Get Bruagstien," Levi ordered.

"Ah- hai, Heichou!" Gunther went out and saw Hazel feeding Raven. "Hazel! Lunch is ready."

Hazel just nodded and left one last stroke on Raven's mane before going with Gunther to the mess hall.

"Hazel, did you notice that Heichou's been acting weird lately?" Gunther asked as Hazel looked up to him then looked straight up ahead.

"No," Hazel answered.

"Is that so?" Gunther muttered.

"But I do notice that he's been rather concern about me lately. It's not like him," Hazel said making Gunther look at her and smiled.

"Yeah, I notice that too. I think Heichou likes you," Gunther said as Hazel raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh yeah. And Petra likes Olou and by next week they'll be engaged," Hazel said sarcastically.

"I'm serious, Hazel. He never calls anyone by first name except for you," Gunther said making Hazel's eye wide.

"First name?" Hazel asked and remembered the time when she passed out at the courthouse. Someone called her by her first name but she can't remember whose voice it is.

"Ummm, yeah. I remembered when he was looking for you back at the expedition he asked me and called you by first name," Gunther said and Hazel kept quiet, thinking deep.

'Levi... Likes me? Tch, most foolish thing I've ever heard. And even if he does... Tch! I'm not assuming anything!'

---

I enjoy reading comments so please leave some for me to read and please vote if the chapter sparked your interest.

~RSE out