« Chapter 35- Going on the Mission »

3rd Person's P.O.V

After two months, Erwin, together with Hange announced the teams.

"The first group who is assigned to keep an eye on Hazel and Titus Braugstein is consisting of, Jean Kirstein," Jean took a step forward and saluted, "Connie Springer!" Connie followed Jean's example "and Sasha Blouse!" Sasha also took a step forward--a shaky one--and saluted.

'That's odd. I thought Hazel would choose at least Reiner or Bertholdt,' Hange wandered as she glanced towards the blonde woman at the bottom of the stage. These assigned cadets are handpicked by Hazel, herself.

"And the rest must be here to wait for our attack!" After all of that, Hazel and Titus packed up the things they need for the mission. Titus was having a second thought about spying and lying on their relatives, but his sister shows no doubt in the plan.

The next day, Raven, Hazel's horse--who just gave birth during their rave in wall Sina--and Leo, Titus' brown horse awaited for their masters with Armin and Eren holding them. After a few moments, the siblings arrived in a blue coat, carrying backpacks behind them. The coat are similar to their usual Survey Corps coat but only blue and without the mark. Behind them are the superiors, Erwin, Mike, Hange and Levi.

The two climbed up their respective horses and the four-legged animals neighed.

"Good luck in your mission, Braugstiens," Erwin said, nodding.

"Be careful, Hazel and Titus. Especially you, Titus. You can get into troubles," Hange warned as the blond teenager let out a nervous laugh. Mike nodded at them but Hazel didn't pay attention at the other three. She was too busy locking eyes with Levi.

"Tch, you better come back alive, brat," Levi said, more particularly to Hazel.

"Hmph, of course I will. I'm not that easy to be killed," Hazel shot nback with her trademark glare. They had a little glaring contest as if having a secret conversation that goes like this.

Levi: Be careful, brat. I love you.

Hazel: Sure, babe. Love you too.

Well, that what Hange was hoping their secret conversation would be. After a minute, the siblings departed with the assigned three riding their horse several meters behind them.

Hazel and Titus tracked the location of the shifters and guided there horses to galloped towards it, with their hood hiding their faces. A day before this expedition, the two had a conversation. A firm conversation that only the two of them knew.

---

"Don't ever hold back if it comes to the part we have to kill them," Titus's eyes widened at what his sister said. He wasn't really sure if she said kill because these are their family members. The only remaining members of their brethren, but knowing his sister, Hazel won't care if these are there relatives, as long as she fights for what she thinks is right.