« Chapter 20- This time, someone must know... »

Hazel's P.O.V

All day I'm at the training grounds, training as I think of my future, the expedition and what Titus told me earlier.

I've been practicing my combat skills with a puppet and believe me, if this puppet is a real human, it might be dead by now. The kicks I did are the combinations of the emotions I'm enduring right now. Confused, undecided, angry and annoyed.

I'm confused about my feelings about Levi. I'm undecided since I can't decide if I should do what my brother told me to do. I'm angry of myself because of these and I'm annoyed at Levi and Titus for making me think this hard!

I collapsed on my back, breathing hard as I stare at the blue sky. Tch, I hate these kinds of feeling. These feelings makes you feel useless. I stared at my gloved right hand and huffed.

What if I didn't joined the Survey Corps? All of these wouldn't happened, right? But there would be a possibility I'm dead by now if I didn't joined.

I removed my glove in my right hand and saw the scars I brought to myself while practicing my transformation with my grandfather. I've transformed countless times already when my grandfather was still alive and stopped when he died since I don't know if I can control myself in that state. Tch, why do our family have to be like this?

"Hazel?" I gazed at the corner of my eyes and saw Hange standing not that far. "What are you doing?"

"Laying down on the ground till I die," I sarcastically said as she walked towards me.

"Are you sure about your decision earlier?" Hange asked sitting next to me. I sat up still panting.

"No, not really," I replied.

"Then you're still participating in the expedition?" She asked and I looked away.

"To be honest, this coming expedition, I'm scared," I said and I heard Hange gasped.

"What?! The great Hazel Braugstien is scared?! Woah! That's impossible!" He exclaimed and I clicked my tongue, starting to get annoyed. "But what are you afraid of? you survived countless expeditions already."

"Surviving expeditions doesn't lessen your chance for survival. I'm afraid that I might not survive this time or worst. Lose someone important to me again," I said.

"Who?"

"Titus. He's the only family I have left. My parents are dead and also the rest of the Braugstein lineage. Titus and I are the one left," I said. Even though I'm harsh towards him, I can't erase the fact that he's my brother. My annoying little brother. "That's not just that. I'm also afraid of one thing and that's none of your concern."

I stood up and took the knife I stabbed to the puppet earlier.

"Hazel, do you want me to keep an eye on your brother?" I looked at Hange as she stood up and smiled. "I'll took him in my squad. How about that?"

"What?"

"Pfft, Hazel, I said I can take him in my squad and keep and eye on him for you. I'll make sure he's safe," Hange said as I looked up staring at Levi's window.

"Are you sure?"

"Super sure!"

"What if I tell you a secret that no one must know?" I asked. Hange formed an o with her mouth and I glared at her. "I'll tell you a secret but promise me to keep it a secret between the two of us."

"As your friend, I will keep it a secre---"

"Keep it a secret from the other Superiors. Don't tell anyone and swear with you life," I want to make sure she'll keep it a secret because I'm going to be responsible if anything happen to my brother. Hange's expression darkened.

"What is it that even Erwin or Levi must not hear about? What is it about?" Hange asked as I glared harder.

"Keep it a secret! Swear!" I said and she kept a serious look.

"Do it have anything to do with the killer of Sawney and Bean?" she asked as I shook my head.

"It has nothing to do with those titans. Just swear!"

"I swear to wall Rose, Maria and Sina. I swear to humanity to keep it a secret," she said with and I showed my hand to her which has no gloves, her eyes widened, "What's with that?"

"If you want to keep my brother safe, you must know our secret. The secret behind our gloved hands," I said as she looked at my hand.

"I do notice both of you wear gloves but--" she was cut off when I showed my wound marks, her eyes widened "What are these?"

"Scars. Titus and I are just like Eren Yeager," she then looked at me. "We are also shifters but not like Eren, when we wound ourselves, scars will stay there. If you want to protect Titus, I say start with protecting our secret. Don't tell anyone we're shifters," I said as her eyes sparkle.

"Sure sure sure!! I'll keep it a secret, of course!! So can you help me with my studies?" She asked as I glared at her more intently.

"Still no. And don't even lay a hand on my brother. I'm off,"

"B-But--"

"I'm tired. Chat later,"

---

I enjoy reading comments so please leave some for me to read and please vote if the chapter sparked your interest.

~RSE out