7: burden of the crown

"Till death do us part" The vows Jimin took with Tiara on their marriage echoed in his mind as he stood numbly staring at the empty distance from the window.

Despite their vows, the cruel fate had seized the woman he loved away from him. Despite the love, they shared his fate was cursed of having unrequited love that had torn her apart from him. If only they could bring life together in the world, things would have been different today. His wife would still be with him and maybe even grow healthier because of the tiny joy that would run in the hallways of the castle on its tiny feet.

Jimin blinked his eyes letting tears slip away while he recalled the times they had lost their unborn child and how every loss caused Tiara's mental health to deteriorate. Every loss was like another blow to her therefore there was truly nothing he could do but let her go.

In the span of nine years, there were numerous times he wanted to search for Tiara but his duty for the realm and the words Tiara spoke before leaving always managed to bound his legs with chains. She had made him promise not to scour for her and give his happiness a chance even if it was to erase her existence from his life. Tiara had made him believe it was the only way she could find the peace she was desperately craving and as the man who loved her sincerely, he had killed his heart and granted her freedom from their unwanted relationship.

Jimin proceeded to take the crystal flower Tiara had left behind in his hand and caressed it. The crystal was the only connection he had left with his beloved wife It had a bright glow which signified she was somewhere safe and doing fine. She had found someone who gave her a new purpose and regardless of how painful it was to live without her, he was glad that Tiara was happy at least.

"Your majesty! The ceremony shall begin soon" The prime minister who was also his father notified The King.

"Father, do you think I am doing the right thing?" Jimin spoke swallowing the thick lump that formed in his throat.

"You are doing what is needed to be done, son. You are doing what Tiara wanted you to do. This is necessary for the realm" Park Jihyun reminded Jimin of the reason why he had to move forward from the past.

"Will I be able to give her the Love a husband should give when my heart still belongs to Tia?" With a tear glistening in his eyes Jimin turned to face his father.

"I won't say you will be able to do so right away Jimin, but I know you will learn to do so someday. Jassabella is a very wonderful girl and she loves you " He gave an assuring smile to his son.

"I know" Jimin pursed his lips into a thin line then inhaled a sharp breath.

"Let's go, Father, I can't be late on my own marriage," he told before striding out of the room