16: The enemy

For a second, Tiara saw a hint of sadness in Taehyung's eyes but it quickly vanished when he turned away from her to face her younger brother.

"NOO" Tiara's piercing high-pitched voice filled the room and she leaped forward as the sword of her enemy flung toward Kookie but before she could stop him a strong grip on her arms pulled her back and slammed her on the wall violently. She could feel some of her bones crushing due to impact when suddenly a large hand wrapped around her neck and raised her from the ground choking her.

More tears escaped from her eyes as she desperately struggled to pull the large hands off her neck but to no avail. She was weak with her powers sealed. Abruptly, the purple-haired man was pushed aside forcefully by Taehyung before she would choke to death. She fell to the ground gasping for air then attempted to crawl her way to her brother. A brutal force threw her away and she crashed into the wall causing her to cough blood due to the impact. All vision was red and she blinked a few times trying to adjust her eyes.

Taehyung tackled his cousin Kimeron Minseok to the ground and started to punch him aggressively.

"How dare you touch her?" he grabbed Minseok and raised him slightly from the ground then again punched him turning his face into a bloody mess until his cousin: Hoseok forcibly dragged him off the injured man on the floor.

"Stop Your grace, you will kill him" Hoseok pleaded with his prince trying to knock some sense in him. Kimeron Minseok forced himself on his foot and let out a bitter laugh at the sneering prince.

"You want this bitch to live after everything her family has made us go through. She is the reason why your Hyung is not with us today and you want us to spare this slut" he spat those words in venom with disgust painted all over his face.

"Because of her and her brother, Baekhyun died!" he yelled as his heart ached to remember his closest friend and lover dying.

"Shut up I had an agreement with Father, If I fulfill my oath the princess lives" he freed himself from Hoseok's grip and grabbed Kimeron Minseok by his collar. A creepy smile crept in Minseok as he yanked Taehyung's hands off his collar.

"Seems like we are working on a different order, your grace, because the King has demanded her head along with her filthy brother's"

Taehyung took a step back realizing his father's betrayal. Kimeron Taejong had guaranteed Tiara's safety if Taehyung would fulfill the oath he took on his brother's deathbed but behind his back, Taejong was orchestrating the murder of Tiara as well.

While they were involved in their dispute, Tiara crawled her way beside her little brother. She carefully placed his head on her lap and she called him with a trembling voice.

"Open your eyes Tia is here" she tenderly caressed the boy's face with her shaking hands.

The boy that held so much liveliness and charms lay pale and lifeless on her lap. His blood painted her hands and clothes as she pulled his cold body closer to her and hugged him as if her life depended on it.

"My baby"

A deep pain erupted from the core of her heart and spread to every atom within her. There was no end to the tears that were falling from her eyes, it was like her worst nightmare coming true. She screamed in agony rocking back and forth embracing the body.

Minseok gave the nod to Hoseok and he grabbed Taehyung and forced him to his knees. He then used his earth molding to bury Taehyung's feet into the ground restricting his movements.

"How dare you?" Taehyung used his water element on Minseok but someone interrupted and shielded Minseok from any harm.

"Uncle" Taehung's eyes went wide and soon every inch of his body boiled in anger seeing the man he trusted the most betraying him as well.

"This is the best for our Realm Tae" Seokjin's voice was stern as he spoke. He then gave a signal and the remaining of their soldiers came to Taehyung and held him as well to make sure he wouldn't interfere while they executed their enemy.

Minseok took out a dagger made up of Damascus metal, the only metal that could harm demons, and gave it to one of the soldiers.

"I don't want to dirty my hands with her filthy blood! Do the job" he ordered and the soldier headed to his command.

"No please no!!!" Taehyung pleaded to Hoseok and Seokjin with teary eyes struggling helplessly to free himself from their grasp.

"It's The King's order, I'm sorry" Hoseok held his head down feeling ashamed for not being able to help his cousin.

"I swear I will burn every one of you if you even touch her" Taehyung growled with eyes filled with anger.

His stomach twisted upside down seeing the soldier taking step towards his lover who was crying hysterically holding the dead boy in her arms.

Spending months with her in Spring, he knew how much the little boy meant to her. Her eyes would twinkle with love and affection every time she would talk about her precious brother. He was aware of the consequence of his action. He knew if he carried out his vows, Tiara's hatred for him would be inevitable. Yet somewhere in his heart, he hoped that she would forgive him since he loved her even after knowing her real identity and even forgave her for causing his brother's death.

Despite knowing her love for her younger brother Taehyung forced himself to swing his sword toward the little prince and end his life even since he believed it was the only way to save his lover's life.

His father had demanded Taehyung end the last remaining prince of Pyracea like he vowed to do on his brother's deathbed. Only then the princess would be spared. However, he was a fool for trusting that his father would keep his word.

"Uncle! don't let this happen. Father promised me he would spare her if I kill the crown prince. Please I will die if anything will happen to her. I beg you" Taehyung cried helplessly as he saw the soldier raising the dagger to stab her but all of his attempts to free himself went in vain.

Closing her eyes shut, Tiara welcomed the death as there was no reason for her to live anyway. She held her baby boy close to her chest waiting for the dagger to end her life and free herself from her misery.

Because of her naivety her world had been smashed, her lover killed the most precious person to her right in front of her and she couldn't do anything.

If only her powers were not sealed off things would have been different.

If only she didn't carelessly place the portal on the cliff then Kookie would be alive.

She was the sole person responsible for the death of her precious Kookie and for that she deserves to be killed in the most brutal way.