23: Loss

Laughing like a madman, Taehyung spilled the content of the bottle into the carpeted floor and strolled around clumsily dashing into every piece of furniture in his chamber.

"Congratulation... celebration" he hummed a melody while Irene, his fiance watched him act like a fool helplessly.

Since their childhood, Irene had left no stone unturned to please him and strove to be a perfect fiance to him. However, regardless of her efforts, she never succeeded to gain his affection. Her sincerities were ignored and now some pathetic Pyracean whore had won over him wounding her pride deeply.

Irene was jealous to the point that she was wishing she could tear the slut apart with her bare hands for snatching her love from her life. While Taehyung was taking unsteady drunken steps, he tripped on his robe and ended up falling to the ground. Irene instantly reached to help him but before she could even touch him, Taehyung yanked her hand away.

"Don't you dare touch me!" Irene scrunched her nose as the strong smell of alcohol coming from his breath hit her nose. Taehyung crawled away from his fiance as far as possible.

"Only Tia can touch me, only she can hold me" he wrapped with arms around him still carrying the bottle of liquor in one of his hands.

"What is this smell?" Hoseok entered the room with a frown visible on his face trying to fan away from the smell from his nose using his hands.

"Hyung!!" Taehyung slurred in excitement and stumbled his way toward him.

Taehyung could hardly even stay still as he was drunk beyond the limit so Hoseok caught him before he would fall again.

"Welcome, Hyung welcome to the celebration" he hiccuped in the middle then chuckled looking at him with intoxicated eyes.

"What celebration?" Hoseok questioned shifting his attention to Irene and before she could even open her mouth, Taehyung exclaimed.

"Celebration of my lover's marriage, the celebration of my destruction, celebration of the death of my soul" he swirled around spreading his arms, and again toppled and fell in his butt.

"Taehyung" Hoseok eyed his cousin with pity.

As if Tiara's desertion was the last straw, Taehung crumbled like he was made up of dominos. The news of his lover's marriage had managed to shatter the pillars that were holding him leading him to reduce into a pathetic individual.

"Oops, I fell "Taehyung burst into laughter clutching his stomach but soon the laughter changed into painful sobs.

"Why?" he whispered in between his sob.

"Why Tia why did you leave me?" he banged the bottle against the floor shattering it into pieces.

Taehyung then forced himself to stand up and walked toward Hoseok stepping into the pieces of glass scattered on the ground.

"Your Highness!!" Both Irene and Hoseok screamed seeing him walk so carelessly stepping in the glasses.

Hoseok caught him by his shoulder in concern noticing the blood flowing from his feet.

Once again before Irene could even touch Taehyung he jerked her off and signaled her not to touch her by lifting his finger along with a threatening glare.

"Tell me Hyung why can't she love me if I can love her despite everything" Taehyung shifted his gaze from Irene to the older male.

"Taehyung let's call the royal physician, you are bleeding" Hoseok blurted out in worry.

"Why can't she forgive me if I can forgive her? Why?Why?" Taehyung was now screaming letting his emotion flow from his exhausted eyes.

"Irene, please call the royal physician" Hoseok pleaded to Irene who had her head hung low as she was extremely hurt by his rejection.

She quickly nodded her head signally ok and dashed out of the room.

"Even if she would take my heart out I would have still loved her" Taehyung plummeted to the ground wailing his heart out.

"Even if she would cut me into pieces I would have still loved her with all the broken pieces then why can't she do the same" he wrapped his arms around his cousin's leg and cried like a child.

Suddenly a sharp ache rushed all over his body and struck right into his heart. Taehyung winched in pain clutching his chest. He could barely breathe due to the pain he was feeling.

"Taehyung are you okay? Taehyung" Hoseok kneeled beside his cousin and shook him not understanding why he was suddenly in so much pain.

"Hyung" Taehyung gasped in pain.

"I lost her...I lost my soul" he gave the most pained expression Hoseok had ever seen before passing out.

*****