13: Delusions

Slowly and reluctantly Tiara uncovered her face and as the rays of light hit her, she groaned pushing her up from the bed to the sitting position. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again to adjust to the blinding light penetrating from the window.

"How long have I been sleeping?" She rubbed her eyes, feeling her muscles sore from sleeping for long. Since she had given half of her blood to save the cat from going unstable, she was completely exhausted causing her to sleep like a bear in hibernation.

The sun that was shining brightly made her realize it was already past midday and her drowsiness ended abruptly as the memories of the morning struck her mind like a bolt of lightning.

"Kookie" She threw the cover and promptly got out of her bed and then rushed to the kitchen. Her mind could barely function since it was filled with fear of losing the light of her life.

She could finally breathe in relief when she spotted his figure cooking in the kitchen. With a soft smile, she took slow strides toward him and wrapped her arms around his torso from the back, resting her head against the nape of his neck.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack" she whined with a pout.

"I am sorry, Noona" Jungkook turned around in her arms, wrapped his masculine forelimbs around her petite body, and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Tiara quickly recognized that there was something different about the young man who was holding her. His body seemed different and he didn't feel warm like before and his scent had altered as well. She rose her head up and when their eyes met the entire hair of her body stood up as chills rushed down her spine. His eyes were no more the dark brown she used to adore so much but a striking crimson with a hint of darkness in them, his face was paler and the tip of his fangs was visible even when he was not speaking. In shock, Tiara took abrupt steps backward until the table hit her back.

"Noona" Jungkook tried to reach her with his hand outstretched but she slapped it away with a look of betrayal and disgust painted all over her face

She could finally sense the dark aura emitting from him, he was no more a human but a creature of darkness just like her. Finally, her mind started to put back all the pieces together. How he wished to be immortal like her, his unusual disappearance, being poisoned, it was all his plan. Jungkook had tricked her to turn him into a demon.

"You... Wh-why?" Tiara clutched the side of her dress gritting her teeth, fuming in anger.

"Noona, let me explain" with every step he took towards her, she took a step backward and a sharp pang rang throughout his body seeing her reject him.

"No, stay away!" Her voice was loud and stern as she shouted.

"You...you killed yourself just to gain immortality, how could you go this low for your greed?" He picked up the disgust, and sadness but mostly anger, lacing each and every word that she spat out.

"If wanting to hold you forever is greed then yes I'm greedy" He confessed with hurt lingering in his blue eyes.

"Wanting to hold me forever?" She scoffed at his words.

"I would have been with you forever even if you were a human, I would have loved you the same but look what you made yourself now, " A great tremor overtook her body as a gut-wrenching revulsion twisted in her stomach.

Even after she had explained to him the consequence of turning into a demon, he had transformed himself into one going against her will which made her feel disgusted. And the thing that made her loath him the most was the fact that he killed himself to do so.

"You killed yourself destroying everything that I was living to protect, killing you killed my reason for existence. Why did you have to do this? Didn't I love you enough?" She screamed at him harshly grabbing her hair in vexation.