9: Death of me

With a basket in one hand, Tiara was strolling around the market buying necessary supplies for their house however, she was alone as Jungkook had decided not to tag along.

Tiara's mind was in turmoil wondering what had happened to her Kookie as he had been acting strange recently. Avoiding having any talks with her, flinching whenever she touched him. She had begun to believe that he hated her for some reason.

She took an apple from a fruit shop and started to inspect it while mentally battling with herself.

"Don't wait for him to come to you Tia, just go yourself and talk it out, Enough of giving him space"

"No what if he will find it annoying if I go and start pestering him"

She let out a deep sigh in deliberation "I wonder what is going on inside that coconut head?" she mumbled with a pout.

A drunk man striding clumsily beside her bumped into her making the basket from her hand drop into the ground spilling all the content inside it as well. She cursed the man under her breath and was about to pick her stuff up when suddenly the drunk man started to scream 'witch' while pointing a finger at her.

Humans despised creatures of the dark especially Witches as they could disguise themselves completely as a human. There had always been many occasions when they would even go to the point of burning women alive they thought to be witches.

Tiara was momentarily stunned by his accusations and nevertheless quickly composed herself but all the people around her were now staring at her whispering with a frown on their faces. She followed their gaze and realized that the hood of her cloak had fallen from her head exposing her completely white hair.

"She is a witch" Another man stepped in agreeing with the drunkard's indictment.

"No..." She could not muster up any words as there was nothing she could say in her defense. Maybe she wasn't a witch but she indeed was a creature of the dark.

People were gradually surrounding her and she took a few steps backward in nervousness. If she wanted she could wipe them off in the blink of an eye but she couldn't do so. She didn't want to hurt innocent and weak humans moreover she had made an oath never to dirty her hands with blood on her father's deathbed.

The drunk man picked the stone up from the ground and threw it at her and she closed her eyes waiting for the impact however it never reached her. Tiara gradually fluttered her eyes open and gasped in shock staring at Jungkook who was in front of her shielding her with his arms widespread.

"My Noona is not a witch" He gritted his teeth as the warm liquid flowed down from his head.

"She is a witch" Saying that a woman from the crowd threw a stone at them and this time Jungkook covered her by turning around and holding her in his arms. Jungkook winched in pain as the stone hit his back.

"Kookie" A salty drop of liquid escaped from her eyes seeing the young man defending her without any hesitation.

She had thought the bond between them was fading but seeing him protect her made her assured that the love between them could never decrease. Coming to her senses she quickly pulled him behind her and stood in front of him defensively. The oath she had taken maybe sacred and more important than her life but Kookie was over a thousand times more precious than anything to her.

All the people around them were ready to shower them with stones when a middle-aged man stepped in.

"What the hell are you all doing? Hurting innocent people listening to a drunk man" Jungkook immediately recognized the man as the owner of the cloth shop they regularly went to.