19 The Mad King

Dragging the ultimate sword in his right hand, Taehyung reached his palace taking unsteady steps. Nothing but emptiness reflected in his eyes as he proceeded to stand in front of the magnificent seat of the state of Euphoria.

"Your Majesty," Hoseok attempted to reach him but Taehyung rejected him harshly by yanking his hand away.

Nobody dared to approach him and just watched the scene from a distance wondering what had happened this time. It was not an unusual occurrence to see their king in a disoriented state as Taehyung often drowned himself in liquor and create a ruckus around the palace. But little did they know today it was different. Today, he was not drunk in liquor but in his misery, mourning the death of his lover.

Taehyung fell on his knees before the throne of Euphoria: the symbol of power and authority. The throne was grand just like the realm with numerous rare jewels complementing its greatness. He blankly stared at the throne as his throat burned from the silent screams. The whole world had filtered away with only the pain remaining. The agonizing ache was enough to break him and change him beyond recognition. He was losing his mind, darkness something dark unraveling inside consuming every part of him.

Tia was his light, she was the only woman he had ever loved. She was his sanity and his harmony in this twisted world but now she was gone.

He killed her with his own hands,

He destroyed his only hope for peace with his own hands.

Taehyunge closed his eyes shut letting himself be absorbed into the darkness as her heavenly smile flashed in his mind.

"Don't you ever wonder how the world would be if there was no war?" Tiara had questioned him looking deeply into his eyes.

"I never thought about it" He had replied truthfully.

"I always wonder about it. How would the world be without any wars? I always dream of the world where a person can freely roam around without worrying about his safety, where one can love another despite coming from different background or place, the world with only peace and love"

"That is only possible if one of the races between the creatures of light and the creatures of the dark wins the war. " He had told her chuckling at her naiveness.

"There is no guarantee of peace after the victory Tae, As long as there are hatred and difference there will always be war"

" The victory of one of those kingdoms only ensures the downfall of others, nothing else. No matter who wins there will be no gain, no happiness, there will just be momentary satisfaction, death, loss, and pain." She had given him a painful smile.

"In that case, everyone should disappear for the peace"

Jin hurriedly marched into the majestic room to witness something he had only heard in old tales and myths. Taehyung's wings emerged from his back ripping his body but the thing that horrified him was that his wings were no more white in color like an angel should have.

 Taehyung's wings emerged from his back ripping his body but the thing that horrified him was that his wings were no more white in color like an angel should have

Seokjin's jaw dropped, eyes bulging as he gawked at his nephew on the ground

Seokjin's jaw dropped, eyes bulging as he gawked at his nephew on the ground. His black wings were fully unleashed from his body. Taehyung was no more an angel, in fact, he was the first of his kind to ever exist. He was a fallen angel who was neither creature of the dark nor a creature of light.

Seokjin couldn't utter a single word petrified. Goosebumps prickled all over his body when Taehyung tilted his head up and his lips curved into a vicious smile.

The smile and the madness reflecting in Taehyung's eyes were enough for Soekjin to reckon what was going to happen

The smile and the madness reflecting in Taehyung's eyes were enough for Soekjin to reckon what was going to happen. His pulse rate skyrocketed and he repeatedly swallowed to try and keep his calm. He attempted to move his feet toward the younger male when he realized how his knees had gone weak and wobbly.

"Taehyung..." In a flash, Taehyung swung his sword destroying the chair of the estate into nothing but dust.