11: Demon blood

"I love you, selflessly in its purest form, with burning passion like a mad man" Jungkook blurted out the entire sentence in one breath. Tiara blinked a few times and then cracked a heavenly smile showing him her perfect white teeth.

"Awww I love you too my bunny boy, now let's head to the market" she ruffled his hair and walked away not taking his confession seriously.

"So much of not treating me like a child" He scoffed in annoyance and internally screamed out in frustration.

Following Tiara like a zombie around the village, Jungkook was mentally devising a plan to make his Noona fall for him.

"Should I appear naked in front of her, Manda said I have a body that could make anyone fall for me or should I do some sexy moves those men were doing on the stage! Noona seemed to like it." Jungkook reminisced about the way the bunch of men danced on the stage for their annual celebration. He even mentally noted the steps so that he could practice when he would reach their home.

"Kookie, you are falling behind" Tiara called in a loud voice snapping him back from his thought.

With a frown visible on her face, Tiara was standing a little far from him with her hands on her hip. As soon as Jungkook reached her, she took his hand and intertwined it with hers then started to drag him around. Even such a simple gesture that was previously common between them had an intense effect on his heart now. He could tell his heart was dancing in joy as butterflies swarmed inside his stomach.

With a shade of red painted on his cheeks, Jungkook let his Noona haul him around while he awkwardly scratched his neck. He had a shy smile contoured on his lips, seeing how her small hands fitted like a missing piece of a puzzle with his.

"Let's take sweets for your animal friends as well," Tiara pulled him to a shop with an elderly lady seller.

"Please pack us some sweets" Tiara politely requested the old lady who was eyeing them with fondness.

"Aigooo, such a lovely couple, you both look like a match made in heaven" The old lady complimented them and Jungkook started to smile like a child while blushing fervently.

"No..." Tiara waved her hand.

"Kamshamnida ajhuma (Thank you aunty) give us your blessing" Jungkook spoke cutting her off in the middle.

Tiara was momentarily stunned by his words but decided not to speak against them. She respectfully returned the smile and bowed thanking her as well. After finishing their shopping, they were on their way to the forest when Tiara decided to speak about the incident in the village.

"Why did you lie?" Her simple question felt like a stab to his heart.

"Because even if it was for a moment, I wanted to be called your man. Even if it was for a single second, I wanted to feel the happiness of you being my woman."

"Kookie" She called him again when she got no response from him.

"You look of my age, who would have believed that you are my Noona" He lied with a poker face.

"Hmmm" Tiara hummed understanding his reasons which she thought was really funny.

She had stopped aging since she was 18, the very first-time blood had touched her lips at her coronation as the princess of Pyracea so it was true that both of them looked of the same age.

"You could have said I'm your twins then," She told him without realizing how each of the words she spoke pierced his body with the dagger laced with venom, however, Jungkook just forced himself to smile at her. That's what he had been doing all these years, faking a smile for her sake even when he felt like he was drowning every time she would call him by another boy's name.

"Sometimes I wonder If you really love me Noona, or am I just a replacement for someone you lost in past."Jungkook lowered his head to hide his hurt expression.

After that they traveled to their home in silence as both of them were lost in their own world but when they reached their home, a look of horror spread on Tiara's face when she saw one of the windows of their cottage open.

"Kookie, didn't we close all of the windows before heading toward the village"

"We did Noona, why?" Tiara rushed inside the house and started to search for the cat.

"No! No! It ran away" she spoke hyperventilating, biting her nails.

"Maybe it will come back" Jungkook ensured her not grasping the situation.

"No kookie, this forest is full of demonic creatures and that cat is a mortal, we haven't introduced it to other creatures of the forest so it's just a mere meal for them" Jungkook's body stiffened for a while, and then he realized the seriousness of the current situation.

They had just saved the cat and now it was again in danger of getting killed.

"Hurry" Both of them hurried inside the forest calling for the cat, hoping it was somehow safe.

Tiara was dreading from inside as she knew the consequences of dying when her blood was still in its system. The cat would change into a demonic beast thirsty for human blood. She shrugged the bad thoughts away and continued searching for the cat.

"Lulu" she shouted wandering around.

"Lexie, Foxy! Have you seen a brown cat around?" Jungkook asked his animal friends who had just appeared before them.

Both of the spirit animals looked at each other in confusion then again shifted their attention to Jungkook and shook their head.

"No, we haven't" both of them replied in unison.

"I have," A dear hopped in front of them, "Where?" all of them asked at once.

"The mortal cat was dangling from the cheetah's mouth a few minutes ago near the waterfall" Before the deer could even finish its sentences, at an inhuman speed, Tiara rushed in the direction that led to the waterfall, however, she was already late when she reached the spot.

Her heart sank at the sight of the cat lying dead between the cheetah's claws, she felt a pang spread inside of her in regret that she could not stop the mishap from happening.

"Cheeta! don't" as soon as she commanded the big cat carefully moved away from his dead prey and approached her.

"The cat's blood smells different my queen, I couldn't bring myself to eat it" The big cheetah purred and Tiara started to pet the big cat. She knew it was not at fault as hunting its prey is in its nature.

"It's okay" She patted the big cat, and just then the dead cat violently started to shake.

Jungkook who had just reached the scene with Manda witnessed something he had never even imagined seeing. The dead cat yet again rose up but it was completely different from the last time it had woken up.

It was bigger than before, with Long fangs pointing out and its claws sharper moreover the eyes of the cat were in a different shade of purple with darkness lingering in it. The cat growled and the rest of the animals present there cowered in fear. Even Lexie, Jungkook's bunny friend hid behind him shivering.

"Lulu, Down" Tiara ordered and like a loyal dog, it lowered its body eyeing the mortal like a hungry predator. It was growling as drool dripped down its mouth and it was clear it could pounce at Jungkook any second.

"Kookie, leave now," she commanded the boy who was frozen at his spot.

"LEAVE" she yelled and Manda carried the reluctant lad away from the site

"What happened to the cat? He looked so different and scary" Jungkook furrowed his eyes inquiring about his animal friends running alongside the serpent King.

"It got turned into a demon cat, seems like it died with the Queen's blood inside of its system" they responded and Jungkook snapped his head shocked by the revelation.

"What?" he squeaked as his breath hitched.

"Do you mean if a mortal dies with Noona's blood inside their system they become immortal?" he asked Manda to confirm his theory.

"Yes, but they turn into mindless monsters." Adrenaline rushed inside Jungkook's system and he mouthed O then turned his attention toward the road. Unknown to the Serpent King, The young lad had a sly smile creeping on his face.