26: the mad queen

The door of the high council busted open as Princess Jassabella; the head of the royal physician entered the room with worry visible on her face. The attention of all the ministers and the King shifted toward the princess who bowed down to them before relaying the information.

"Sorry to intrude unannounced your majesty but you need to come with me at this instant" she blurted the entire sentence at once in hurry.

King of Pyracea,  Jimin's brows met in concern noticing Jassabella's drastic state. He gestured for all of the council members to take their leave and they heartily obliged by bowing 90 degrees before exiting the room.

Once they were alone the princess relayed the issue she came to report. "It's the queen. She did it again"

Jimin took long hurried strides alongside princess Jassabella to reach the chamber of late crown prince Kookie Lamparouge.  Upon his arrival personals serving the queen bowed to their king. At his signal, servants exited the room.

Jimin watched his wife gently caressing a sleeping boy around the age of the late crown prince. She was humming the lullaby that her little brother loved listening to his sleep.

After the death of her father and her brother, Tiara was no longer the same. The glee once her beautiful orbs held had faded away and her beautiful skin was pale. Her hair had lost its shine and grown all-white due to stress and depression. She had lost all of her charms and was living a life with a dead soul. Nevertheless, she was still the most beautiful woman for Jimin.

Jimin reached beside his queen as she tore her gaze from the boy to her husband.

"ssh" Tiara hushed Jimin by putting her finger on her lips before he could open his mouth.

"Don't make a sound, Kookie will wake up" she whispered as low as possible then averted her loving gaze to the boy

"We took the queen on a stroll around the city for some fresh air but she ended up bringing the boy back with her. She snatched him away from his mother and is recalcitrant to let him go" Jassabella whispered in his ears, making sure the queen could not hear her.

Jimin massaged his temple in frustration as it was not the first time Tiara behaved in such an erratic way. Whenever she would see small boys having any similarity with the late crown prince, she would bring them home and keep the boy beside her not allowing anyone to get near him.

"The boy's mother has been waiting outside of the castle crying, demanding to bring her son back but the queen is very stubborn to let the boy go. Only your majesty can convince her." she slightly bowed ending what she had to say.

The King politely asked Jassabella to leave them alone and the younger princess trotted out of the room.

"My wife" Jimin stroked her white hair trying to gain her attention.

"hmm" she responded patting the boy gently.

"I need to take Kookie for the training now" it was so difficult for him to lie but he had to do it for her sake.

"No, he is too small for those intensive training" She snapped her head toward Jimin "Please request my father to take back the order"

Jimin shut his eyes close, as his heart sank into a deep pit of sadness. Not being able to cope with the loss of her little brother and her father plus getting betrayed by her lover, Tiara gradually started to lose her sanity.

Somedays she would act normal, she would go around fulfilling her duties of being the Queen whereas some days she would scream and cry like a madwoman while other days she would indulge herself in an illusion of the past where everything was fine and everyone she loved was still alive.