17 Final battle

A gush of breeze passed through Tiara's face and her white hair danced freely along with the wind as she stepped her foot in the spring after seventeen years. Her heart stopped when she spotted a familiar figure in the far distance with his back facing her near the cherry flower tree where she had sold her heart, body, and soul to the devil she had fallen in love with.

She took another step and like he could sense her presence, Taehyung instantly whirled around to face her. So much had changed in years yet it was so uncanny that they, the spring and the love in his eyes for her had remained the same.

A drop of tear rolled down his cheeks as he opened his trembling lips in an attempt to utter the words that were stuck in his throat. He had no idea if it was real or finally he had completely lost his mind that he could see his Tia again after waiting for her for seventeen tormenting years.

Tiara lifted her sword which felt heavier than a moment ago and pointed it toward her lover who was also her worst enemy. With every bit of strength she had in her, she tried speaking in an unwavering voice trying to shake away all the precious memories she had made with him.

"I, queen of Pyracea, known by the name Titania is here to take revenge for the death of my brothers " Although her tone sounded confident and stern every depth of her was stinging in unbearable agony. What was even more upsetting to her was that her heart wanted to close the distance between them, engulf herself in his warm chest and smell more of his heavenly scent that she could faintly smell right now.

Hearing the voice he had been craving to listen for ages, Taehyung broke down into tears. He hiccuped while sobbing and repeatedly nodded his head accepting her challenge. He was happy, his eyes could see her again, contented his ears could hear her again, delighted he could smell her again and now he could finally die in peace.

Taehyung unsheathed his sword and welcomed his eternal enemy and the love of his life with open arms for their final battle.

With this battle, they would both release themselves from the curse of love they had fallen into, they would free themselves from years of suffering and anguishing pain. Both of them flung towards each other and as their sword collided, everything surrounding them even the spell of invisibility that the late queen of Pyracea had placed with the help of her childhood friends got destroyed due to the force of their clash.

Taehyung peered into her deep beautiful eyes which no more held the shine like before as the memories of them started to surface into his mind.

"I'm Tia"

"Not nice to meet you"

"Arrogant brat"

The weight of the sword sent Tiara back but she managed to push him and strike at him, however, Taehyung blocked it again as their eyes locked.

"yah noisy namyoja"

"I will always be there for you"

Taehyung swirled around and hit her with the back of his sword and she lost her balance. As she hit the ground Taehyung's heart cried seeing her in pain. All he wanted to do was stop this and beg her for forgiveness and cradle her small form in his arms but he knew that was impossible.

I love you Tae, I can't imagine being without you "

Tiara quickly composed herself and got to her feet then launched at him but Taehyung successfully dodged every attack by creating a barrier with water between them. She used her crystal to break the barrier and successfully made a cut in his arm.

"I was just standing without reason and only after you entered my life, only after falling in love with you, my life began."

Like the drop of the blood that fell from his wound got mixed with the soil, her heart sank and hit the bottom of despair getting muddled into painful remembrances.