5: Friendship

For months without knowing each other's true identity Tiara and Taehyung met at the same place and soon enough their friendship blossomed like every flower in the spring. Though Tiara disliked Taehyung initially, he turned out to have a sensible side to him as well which she soon learned to acknowledge and admire.

For both, spending time with each other in Spring was an escape from the harsh reality, their responsibility, and the pain of losing their loved ones. They would often sneak out of their palace and meet each other in spring just to share their thoughts, discuss philosophy and even fool around like children.

For Taehyung, Tiara was someone he adored with all his heart. Her goofy personality reminded him of his elder brother who was no longer with him so it was natural that he found a sense of comfort in her company. 

For Tiara, Taehyung was the serenity, her heart and mind desperately craved. With him, she was just Tia. A simple girl with a simple life. No formality, no duty, no expectations, and no disappointments as well. Naturally, she found herself to be in peace in his company.

"So we roll it around and it will look like this" saying so, Tiara presented unfinished bracelets when she realized her friend was still stuck at step one. He was still struggling to make the first braid of the bracelets.

"You know let's make something simple" she suggested recognizing it would take a year for Taehyung to complete their friendship bracelets.

"let's just buy each other a bracelet" Taehyung proposed and though Tiara wasnt fond of the idea, she nodded her head not wanting to pressure him to do something he didn't enjoy.

To celebrate the hundredth day of their friendship, Tiara had come up with the idea of making something precious for each other, and Taehyung agreed immediately liking her plan.  Unfortunately, her excitement plummeted realizing her dear friend had no skills in terms of craft.

They originally began with the plan of making a sculpture for each other and the plan soon degraded to making a simple bracelet because of Taehyung's lack of skills.

Taehyung quickly comprehended that Tiara wasn't thrilled about the idea of buying gifts for each other and he could understand the reason as well. Coming from a well-off family, she had everything she wanted and she was the kind of person who valued effort over price.

"How about I write a song for you?" he offered the only thing he was good at besides combating even though he wasn't sure it would make her happy.

"I would love that Tae, that's so sweet of you" contrary to his doubt, Tiara jumped at the idea of a song being written for her. Though she didn't mention it, it was every girl's dream to have a handsome man writing love songs about her. Her eyes glistened in joy and she hopped to give Taehyung a big hug.

Her smile was like a great achievement to Taehyung. No victory would ever match up with the pleasure and satisfaction her glowing face and radiating smile would bring to his life.

"Anything to see you smile, Tia" He whispered holding her close to his body. He could feel every muscle in his body relaxing getting to feel the warmth of the girl he had grown to fall in love with.

"Anything but making a bracelet, I know" teasing him, Tiara parted away from Taehyung causing him discomfort however he made sure it wouldn't reflect on his face.

"Okay  how about you write a song and I will prepare a piece of music for it" 

"I need that too" Taehyung pointed at the bracelet that had yet to finish.

"This too" With a wide grin, Taehyung nodded his head in excitement.

"Okay, then I will meet you again next week with the finished bracelet and a melody" Tiara stood up on her feet and dusted her dress failing to notice the face that had gone dark learning it was time for him to go back to his own world.

"Can't you stay longer?" Taehyung inquired in a low voice.

"No, my little brother must be searching for me. I told you right, he can't fall asleep without me signing to him..."

"Sing me to sleep as well..." Taehyung held her wrist stopping her from walking away.

"Geez, you are not a child Tae, grow up" with a humor-laced voice, Tiara yanked his hands off and shook her head in disapproval.

Taehyung let out a depressed huff. The girl before him had no clue how his heart bled every time they went their separate ways. The fear that it might be the last time seeing her would prick his soul and he would live in misery till the day they would meet again would finally arrive.

"Tia..."

Tia hummed in response giving him her full attention and though the words he had been meaning to say reached his throat he couldn't bring himself to say them out loud.

"I think I am in...Lo... Never mind, we are getting late let's go" after bidding bye, Taehyung walked away without turning back leaving Tiara flabbergasted.

Returning to the castle from the Spring using the portal she place on the tree near the cliff, Tiara cheerfully skipped her way to her younger brother's chamber

She would sneak out of the palace at least twice a week just to run to the Spring and spend her time with her dear friend. This was a secret that she kept even from her closest person "Park Jimin" after all, humans were seen as a danger to her people as they were on their enemy's side.

 The news of her befriending a Human could get her into deep trouble including being stripped of her right of stepping out of the castle itself.

"Where do you keep disappearing Tiara?" The familiar voice made her turn around.

"NOWHERE! just roaming around" she lied faking her smile.

Growing up together Jimin knew her like the back of his hand so he immediately narrowed his eyes sensing her lies but decided to shrug it off.

"Take someone with you when you do so, I know you are skilled enough to protect yourself but you should not take any chances," Jimin spoke in a strict tone and Tiara simply nodded her head biting her lower lips.

"You should go and rest princess" He was about to stride away but got stopped by her.

"What about you where are you heading to?" Tiara asked noticing he was going in the opposite direction of his chamber.

"I'm going for training" He informed her.

"Really? I will join you too," She was about to take a step but Jimin gestured for her to stop.

"Go to your chamber Princess it's already late, and moreover you won't be joining us in war anymore as preparation for the wedding will begin early next month so you don't need to stress yourself" Tiara remained silent for a moment as her expression hardened.

She hated when others treated her like a useless princess and shoved their decision on her. Though she hated violence, keeping the people she love safe was the priority in her life. She had a duty to fulfill toward her king and her people.

"That is a decision only for me to make" She challenged then dashed past him.

There was no way she would allow her brother to face their enemy on his own. She had taken an oath to protect them and she would do so at any cost.