Chapter 1: A Day in the Life

Quick Author's Note: For any of you who enjoyed my VS story, I have partnered with this company Nanobit and have made the story into an app. The app is called "My Story" and my story within it is called "Model Undercover". I'm really proud of it and would love for you to check it out. It really brings the characters to life and it lets you play along too, you can affect the story...I hope you give it a go! Enjoy :)

"Great Kayla. Wonderful." I posed for the final photo of the shoot. "And that's a wrap", announced the photographer.

I smiled and relaxed my muscles out of their ending positions as I let out a sigh. Though fun, extremely tiring. 

I walked off the backdrop and was handed a robe. With my heels clicking against the wooden floor, I made my way back to the clothing racks where I had left my clothes. 

I slowly pulled on my jeans and t-shirt before handing the stylist back the expensive underwear. I approached the photographer, and thanked him and his crew. With one last parting smile, I left the studio with my manager right behind me.

"So what's next?" I asked Lola. She took out my schedule that seemed to be never ending. 

"Well you have your first Victoria's Secret fitting now and then we're heading back home. I'm afraid your week in New York will be over."

I frowned. "No!" I whined. "I'm loving it here, are you sure I can't just finish school online or something."

 "Remember your parents only let you model if you continued to do well in school."It sounded like she didn't fully support what she was saying.

"I know. I know." She gave me a sympathetic smile. "You don't have to remind me." 

We headed into the elevator and remained silent. Lola had been my agent ever since I started modelling, it had been quite some time now. Honestly, I don't know how I would have dealt with all of it without her.

We were out of the elevator and as we made our way to the car, the two of us were swarmed by a small group of photographers. I slipped my sunglasses on and just ignored them. Once in the awaiting car, we sped off.

We were at Victoria's Secret's Headquarters in no time. I got out, thankful that no cameras were there this time and walked up to the fittings. As I proceeded into the fitting room, or the white room to me, as all the walls, floors and tables shared the colour, I grinned.

I was greeted by many cheery faces, and hugged by the familiar ones. I couldn't help but smile. I loved fittings, especially for Victoria's Secret. I loved seeing all their new creations. It was always amazing seeing how they thought up such new and exciting themes every year, you would think they would run out of ideas?

I eventually made it to the co-ordinator of the show, Sandra. "Kayla how are you? You look great." I grinned wider.

"I'm so excited." I said jumping up and down like a little kid.

They all chuckled. "Okay. Lets get started." Said Sandra. I headed to the curtained off area. "Wait." Sandra's voice stopped me. "We should tell you the themes first." I nodded. "So there is going to be one based on cities, so Paris, Rio, Rome, New York all the main cities. Also there is one based on different styles of dance. So the salsa, tango, rumba that sort of thing. Then there is 'Angels in Hell', which is basically based on the devil. Then there is one based on the seasons, so it will go in the cycle. Also there is our Pink section, which is based on the rollerblade waitresses. And the last one is based on the sky, so the clouds, the stars. The romantic side of it."

I cheered at the themes and began heading back to the change area.

Once inside I saw my costumes. One word. Amazing. There were 6 in total that I was trying on but you usually only wear 2 to 4 in the show.

I put on the first piece of lingerie. It was black with slight see through cut outs, in certain sections. There were also long black gloves that cut off just under my underarm. I stepped out of the curtain and was then given the wings that went with it and almost fainted. The wings were massive, it was black and lit with little golden lights. "You're supposed to be representing the city of lights." Sandra told me.

I smiled at her, as the men helped me into the wings. They were heavier than I expected, but I didn't show any discomfort. They asked me to walk for them, and I did.

As I did so they discussed the alterations and good aspects of the garment on me. I just stood there as they critiqued me. I waited patiently until they took my picture and instructed me to try on the next one.

The next one was a strong pink with a great deal of tassels on the front. Once I tried it on, I noticed the tassels stopped about half an inch above my belly button. I had a skirt that had tassels to the floor. As I moved it swayed. When I revealed myself to the designers, they squealed pleased. "I knew that would look amazing on you." Said Jacky - another one of the designers.

I saw that as I walked the skirt would reveal my whole leg, now that was sexy. The designers whispered slightly, took my picture and asked for the next one.

Once again I went to the curtained off area. The next piece of lingerie was a bright red corset with matching bottoms that had a short, black cape. I had knee length black boots and red devil horns.

When I walked out, there were different reactions, some cheered while other looked at me critically. I could tell they were analysing the outfit. They asked for the walk watching me carefully, then the photo and that was it, next one.

This one I could tell was based on autumn. There was a large headdress of red and yellow leaves. Then there were matching light brown underwear and a light green sash connecting the two. To my surprise it was really comfortable. I stepped out and giggled, they all smiled. I did the walk, the photo and waited for them to dismiss me but they kept discussing. Eventually they asked for the next one and I was happy to oblige.

This one was a refined pink. The bra and the bottoms had a border of white lace and I had thigh high white boots, there were also pink gloves that stopped just above my elbow. Once I revealed myself to the designers, they looked really happy.

"Stunning."

"Gorgeous".

"Why thank you." I said with a slight curtsy. They all giggled. I did the walk and they took the photo. Now for the last outfit.

I looked at the last garment and was intrigued.  It was a pure white bra with multiple silver diamonds stuck on to it and an matching white mini skirt with ruffles.  It was quite simple. I walked out to show the designers and saw the wings.

They were enormous. They looked like a storm cloud but in the shape of angel wings. They were grey, yet subtle. The men helped me put them on, and there were gasps. I looked at the faces of the designers and they all looked amazed. Without being asked I did the walk and then just waited. They conversed about the outfit, took the photo and that was it. No more outfits, tear.

I changed back into my normal clothes and gave each of them a hug and left feeling happy that the fittings had gone well.

*Just to clarify, I am getting a lot of questions about this. Her real name is Alice and her stage name is Kayla

Author's Note:

I know it is a little slow starting, but I really think that you would enjoy the story if you give it a chance xxx Hope you enjoy!!