Kabanata 22

Yosef Hugh Salazar

“Ang daming babae,” I heard Zymon said that. I thought he have a crush? Why is he saying this? My forehead creased as I look to my cousins who’s holding the ball.

We’re at a gym. We’re having a practice now. I wouldn’t have come because I was going to read a book but they forced me to come so, I said yes. I don’t have a choice. Isa pa, makukulit ang pinsan ko. And it’s annoying me sometimes.

“Babaero ka nga,” Troy said. I looked at the entrance to see if Venn are coming. I wonder what’s reaction of Troy if he saw his crush. Zymon too, I know his crush. I couldn’t believe that they’re having a crush now. We’re college now, crush is for highschool.

Damn.

“Anong problema nito ni Yosef?” I looked at Caelus with annoyance on my face. What’s wrong with him?

“What?” I asked. He shook his head and he even raised his hands. My cousins laughed because of that. I shook my head and took the ball from Troy and dribble it.

Nagpractice pa kami nang nagpractice. Ang kulit nila Zymon kaya minsan ay nasusuway kami ni coach. I was holding the ball when my eyes accidentally looked at the audience. I saw the beautiful girl standing and looking at us. My forehead creased when I saw that the girls at her back are scolding her.

“Yosef! Ano ba!” I heard Caiden’s voice. Naagaw na pala ang bola sa akin. Damn. What’s happening to me?

“Break muna,” ani coach. We all nodded at him. I looked again to the girl and saw that the other girls are not done to what they doing. I shook my head and walk towards them.

“Saan ka pupunta Yosef?” I heard Troy asked me.

My eyes widened when I saw how the girl pushed the other girl. Halos takbohin ko na iyon para lang masalo ang babae.

“Are you okay?” I asked her. She look so innocent, like an angel. She nodded at me. I looked at girls at her back and gave them a cold look.

“Yosef…” I heard the other girl called me. Who’s this? I don’t know girl. Yumuko pa siya at tila nagmamakaawa sa akin.

“Say sorry to her,” I said as Iooked at them with my serious face.

“It’s o-okay. Wag na,” I heard the girl beside me say. Why is she so kind? Well, it suits to her but she can’t skip this one. They’re bully.

“Okay na daw Yosef. Hindi naman na kailangan na magsorry ako.” I looked at the girl and gave them a serious look. They’re really don’t want to say sorry to this innocent girl.

“Shut up. Just apologize to her,” I said. In the end, they said sorry to the girl. Hindi na din kami nagpractice dahil nauna na ang iba.

“What’s your name?” I asked her.

“Sienna,” aniya. I nodded at her.

Sienna. What a nice name to an innocent girl like her.

“Sienna!” I saw the other girl called her. It must be her friend. Lumabas na sila ng gym at bumalik na din ako sa mga pinsan ko.

My forehead creased when I saw them smiling at me. What’s wrong with them?

“What?” I asked. Troy and Zymon laughed. Caelus and Caiden just smirked at me.

“Sanaol may love life,” ani Troy.

“Fuck you,” I said. They all laughed to me.

Love life, my ass. I just helped her. Nothing’s wrong with that. Tss.