20

~Wisteria's POV~

Cayn was gone when I woke up in his bed the next morning, his absence beside me causing my brows to furrow sleepily as I sat up. My dark hair fell down my back in loose, messy waves and I yawned as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, glancing over his room to see if he had just moved to the couch perhaps. However, he was nowhere to be seen, so I assumed he must've been downstairs.

I slid out of his bed, the cool air hitting my skin and giving me goosebumps. As I didn't want him to see me fresh from sleep, I crept into the bathroom and shut the door, undressing while I let the water begin to heat up. Once the water was hot enough that the mirror began to fog up, I stepped into the shower and began to first wash my body. The scent of Cayn's body wash and shampoo was masculine, especially in comparison to what I usually used, but I didn't mind it much because it smelled like him.

The shower I took was quick, not wanting to be in there too long in case Cayn came back up to the bedroom. I got out rather quickly and used the hair dryer that I'd brought with me to dry my hair faster, brushing it out once it was no longer wet. After putting on my undergarments, I grabbed the dress that I had brought into the restroom with me and pulled it on over my head, shimmying it down over my hips. It felt a little bit tighter over my hips than I remembered it being when I last wore it, but I was glad that it still fit me, at least—especially because it was one of my favorite dresses.

Though it was a simple dress with a pattern of red cherries over a white dress, it was still a cute one. However, I didn't really get to wear it often because it wasn't really something that I could wear to work at the office, and Owen and I didn't really go out on dates. It felt good being able to wear it, even if it was just in Cayn's house.

Feeling much more refreshed and awake after my shower, I exited the bathroom and then began to head downstairs after I realized that Cayn still had yet to return. I was quiet in my descent down the steps, the scent of food making my stomach grumble and turn to follow the smell into the kitchen. There I found Cayn, standing beside the island within the middle of the spacious cushion as he arranged a bunch of different breakfast foods on two plates. One plate, I assumed, was for me while the other was for him.

"Finally awake, hm?" Cayn chuckled as he noticed me enter the kitchen, bright eyes flicking up to peer at me from the opposite side of the counter. I nodded my head and bit on my bottom lip, pointing at the plates with one finger. "You made breakfast?" I asked with audible surprise, a small smile growing upon my face.

"Indeed, I did." He hummed, pushing one of the two plates over to me. "I hope you like chocolate chip pancakes, sausage, and honey dew." He said, causing my heart to flutter and nod my head. "It looks great, Cayn." I told him honestly, grabbing the syrup on the counter before I began to pour it over my two pancakes. My stomach rumbled hungrily yet again and it seemed he heard it because he chuckled. "Here." He said to me, holding out a fork for me to take. I grinned happily and leaned over after I took the utensil, grabbing the back of his neck with my free hand to pull him down. He met me half way, a surprised breath leaving him when I pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Thank you." I beamed at him and he stared down at me as I took my plate and turned, heading into the dining room to eat. He stared after me for a moment before I heard his heavy footsteps following after me, my lips twitching up slightly when I took a seat at the table and he joined me only a few seconds later.

The two of us ate breakfast with each other, something which I hadn't done in a really long time with another person. At this point in time, I seemed to be lucky if I got to share any meal with another person, but Cayn was making it more and more of a frequent occasion for me.

My eyes flicked over to him after I finished eating, brushing my fingers through the ends of my dark hair. I leaned back in my chair, stuffed and content from my meal. It had been a while since I had eaten so much that my stomach hurt from it. "Full?" Cayn chuckled as he looked at me, eyes sparkling with mirth. A groan left my lips and I nodded my head, crossing my legs as my arms wrapped around my mid-section loosely. "Yes. I'm stuffed." I said with a pout.

A playful smile grew upon his mouth as he rose from his chair, causing me to tilt my head up in order to peer up at him. "Then you sit here while I go clean this up." He hummed, grabbing our empty dishes. "And I'll be back. Last thing I need is you throwing up because you ate too much." He teased, earning a soft giggle from me. Although I felt a little bit bad about making him clean it all up, I decided not to argue with him and just let my eyes flutter shut with my head upturned to the ceiling.

Only about ten minutes passed before I felt long fingers brush against my cheek, causing my eyelids to flutter open and meet Cayn's soft gaze. My heart skipped and I smiled. "Want to watch a movie, sweetheart?" He hummed, a surprised squeal leaving me when he picked me up from the chair and curiously cocked up a brow. How he was holding me like this as if were nothing was beyond me. I immediately clung to him, a little nervous that I was too heavy and he might drop me, but he seemed to hold me steadily.

"Only if you pick, since you made breakfast." I responded as he began to carry me up the stairs again, heading back to his room. He hummed and bumped the door open, dropping me gently onto his king sized bed once he reached it. I scooted over and grabbed his hand, pulling him down with me before I cuddled into his side.

I curled my leg around his, tangling my legs with his while he turned the TV on and began to look for something to watch as I rested my head comfortably on his firm chest. While he did that, my fingers fiddled absentmindedly with the fabric of his shirt, perhaps more content within his arms than I should have been.