01 | tension

heat waves - glass animals

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

How do you tell the person you spent 5 years learning to hate that everything was just a misunderstanding?

=====

third-person POV | Oikawa Tooru (18)

Oikawa yawned, stretching his hands above his head and glancing at the clock on the wall. It read 8 p.m., closing time for the vet clinic he and his mother owned. A sigh of relief left his lips, and he removed his apron.

"Hey, Mom, I'm gonna head to the skate park for a while. Do you need anything from the store?"

His mother brushed her brunet hair behind her ear. "Hmm... Not really, thanks though, Honey!"

She waved Oikawa off, to which he returned the gesture as he grabbed his skateboard and walked out onto the close-to-empty streets.

He wanted to burn off some steam, and what better way to do that than by grinding his skateboard wheels against the cold concrete of the skatepark?

The night was rather chilly, but he figured he could warm up by working his body out.

Sounds of another late-night skater reached Oikawa's ears, and he mentally groaned at whoever had beat him to-

Oh... Oh, God...

Before Oikawa had the chance to make a U-turn, the skater had already spotted him, gasped, and stumbled on their board before safely coming to a stop.

Their eyes were staring dead into one another's but a mere moment before both of them gave a deathly glare.

"What are you doing here?" Growled Shouyou, Oikawa's childhood friend up until their middle year of middle school.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Was his snarky reply as he dropped his board onto the concrete and pressed it onto the ground with one foot.

"No need to be so rude, To-Chan~" Every word of Shouyou's dripped with venom. The little ginger huffed and turned around with his board, dropping into the bowl and completely disregarding Oikawa.

It ticked him off.

"Isn't it past break time? I bet your mom's worried about you!" Laughed the brunet, dragging his board against one of the grinds.

Shouyou visibly became even more frustrated. "Don't you have a dog's ass to kiss? What's up with that?"

It made it all the funnier that both males knew their mothers closed their businesses at the same time.