05 | he'll never change

the kids don't wanna come home - declan mckenna

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

If I keep my eyes closed she looks just like you...

=====

third-person POV | Hinata Shouyou

A low groan passed Shouyou's lips as the warm water traced over his battered body. He had gotten into a brawl at the skatepark last week and was still suffering the damage. However, he also dealt a lot of damage, so it's a win in his book.

Still hurts like a bitch, though.

It's definitely been a few days since he's had a nice shower, so this felt oddly relaxing to him. With every shower, nevertheless, came the overwhelming thoughts that constantly ate at his brain.

Why am I so... angry today? He pressed his forehead against the tiled wall. It's probably because I'm living off of two energy drinks and half a sandwich. Tonight, I think I'll go to sleep early after dinner.

He laughed to himself. There's no way his insomnia would allow that. He could only hope such a thing would happen.

He grabbed the shampoo and squirted some into his hand to scrub into his hair. Whatever, he deserves it, anyway. 

-----

Shouyou's mouth fell open when he opened his bedroom door. All the trash was piled up outside his door in bags, the tile was swept and cleaned of spills, and the last of the grease stain was scrubbed off the wall.

Oikawa, who was organizing his work table, removed his gloves and smirked at Shouyou's flabbergasted appearance.

He even walked over and peeked under his well-made bed, seeing all the dust and trash cleared out. The only thing that sat under there was his first aid box and some shoes.

"Did you... do this? That fast?"

Oikawa dusted his hands, almost as if to show off his work. "Of course I did. Most of it was trash, anyway. Also, you need to cut down on energy drinks. I found your empty can stash in the closet."

It was almost overwhelming for Shouyou to be able to see his floor and being able to walk around safely. His lips pursed, eyes watering against his will.

"What? Are you... crying?" Immediately, Shouyou dropped his head and shook it aggressively. His back bumped into the wall behind him, a quiet sob forcefully threading through his fingers.

"Seriously, it's not that big a deal!" Thinking on it, Oikawa realized that this was, in fact, a big deal for Shouyou. He was used to the disordered environment that was his comfort zone. Now, however, his comfort zone was free of danger, and he could actually claim it once again.