12 | runaway with me

lovers rock - tv girl

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

in his bedroom, and if you start to kiss, and the record skips, flip it over and sit a little closer...

=====

Oikawa's POV

It was already nighttime by the time we got back from the junkyard. Shouyou was laughing at me, currently, as we walked down the sidewalk. Why? Haha, because I managed to befriend a dog there, and it started humping my leg.

I wasn't amused, but hearing Shouyou laugh like this is a god-sent gift from above.

"Oh, the Christmas lights in the park are still up." He took my hand before I could turn to look at him and began walking across the street to the park.

It was empty, obviously, the water flowing beneath the bridge we were walking toward was decorated with the stars from above.

A bundle of ducks sat curled up together beneath a large oak tree, a cat was licking its paw near the water.

The bridge itself, well, it was stunning. By that, I mean the golden lights on it were nice, but when you add them into Shouyou's eyes, God, you get the most perfect mixture known to man.

He stared at the cat, then at the ducks, only offering me a free ticket to- Our eyes made contact, I felt my heart jump. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He pouted, I must've had an odd expression, is what I thought, and tried to fix it with a smile. "Sorry, I was just looking at your eyes." Melting in them...

"My eyes..? Why?" He put a hand up to his eye, further insinuating the beautiful twinkle in them with the shadow of his nimble fingers. I wouldn't mind drowning in them...

"Because they're pretty." He snorted, he didn't believe me, but I wish he would... I wish he could see what I see.

"That's a weird thing to say, To-San."

Shouyou looked back at the water, letting his hand fall off the railing of the wooden bridge to be nipped at by the chilly air. It was a good thing we both brought jackets since spring still hasn't completely checked in yet.

"So... What are your plans for the future?" I was brought out of my head by Shouyou's captivating voice.

"Traveling. I've been saving up since my first shift with Mom."

"Since the first time I touched a dog's anus."

I laughed at Shouyou's mocking voice, he chuckled with me. "Seriously, though, that's amazing... I wish I knew what I was gonna do..."

He lowered his head onto his arm, which was resting on the railing. He seemed to be in thought, or maybe he was just enjoying the lovely view of everything around us.

"Why don't you come with me? You have money, right? I mean, you work all those shifts with Auntie, you have to have some saved up."

He smiled at me, I have no idea why, but I gratefully accepted such a blessing. "Of course I do. The only things I buy are 200 yen energy drinks and convenience store food here and there."

"That's a terrible diet." He waved me off, smile still present.

"Anyway, I've always wanted to go to Brazil, where are you going?" I was happy to hear we were both planning on visiting South America.

"I'm going to Argentina! We'll be able to be in both places easily! That's awesome!" He seemed happy, too, like a puppy who's been given a treat. I love the little glow he gets around him when he's excited or happy or, you know, just living.

It's way better than seeing him sad.

"Sweet! And we can go to Peru and Venezuela, too! And Bolivia and Paraguay! Uwah~! That'd be so fun~!"

My heart feels so full... I'm so happy to see him so eccentric.

"Too bad, we're chained to this little town. I'd love to just... runaway, you know?" He laughed at the end, I didn't find it funny. It was smart, it was a smart idea.

"Why don't we?"

Shouyou seemed shocked at my question, his stunning eyes wide in shock.

"We couldn't do that... Our families need us, and we have school and jobs- There's no way, it's totally, completely impossible."

I tugged him close by his hand and spun us in circles to help wipe that saddened look off his face.

"It's not. They can hire other people, and, I mean, who needs school? We'll go there, look around and settle, and start up a business or something. We're technically adults, so why couldn't we?"

He wasn't amused by my words and softly slapped the back of my head, I acted like it hurt. "What was that for?"

"Someone had to get your head out of the clouds." I was starting to second guess myself, thinking maybe he didn't want something like that.

"We'd have to at least graduate first." My heart swelled, and, in the midst of my excitement, I lifted him up and spun him around again before placing him back onto the boards of the bridge.

"And we'd have to work hard to save up more money!" I nodded, my smile wide.

"When we get there, I'm gonna propose to you, seriously!" It was a joke, but no one was laughing now, we weren't smiling. He was shocked, he was confused, I wanted to punch myself.

But his smile returned, and I felt myself fall in love.

"You'd have to ask me out first, haha!"

He was already walking off the bridge before I could kiss his soft lips and ask him to be mine. I'm glad he was because I'm still trying to prove myself, and that would only make me look like I'm after his body or something.

"Shou-Chan." When he turned to me, I felt my heart flutter. "Uh, nothing... never mind, haha..."

We parted ways once we reached our homes, each feeling light and fuzzy-chested. At least, I was... Today started off pretty badly, but... I feel wonderful...

=====