19 | let's go have fun

not allowed - tv girl

||❚❚ㅤ▷||

you should hear when you're not around, when it's just us horny poets who can't wait to write it down.

Oikawa's POV (8: 02 p.m)

=====

I was a sniffling mess, I admit it. My head's in my hands, my tears are on the floor, and my elbows are digging painfully into my knees.

I did something bad, I knew Shouyou was in an unstable state of mind, yet I just swooped right in to take advantage of him when his guard was down. I should've left the room instead of using that as an opportunity to get closer to him.

I just don't know what came over me... I'm the worst type of person someone could be.

And now? Shouyou's trying to fucking drink alcohol and he looked like he was gonna cry and I just feel so bad.

"Tooru? Are you okay, honey?" Mom called out to me through the door, I quickly tried to wipe away my tears and straighten my clothes and hair up, but it was all for naught.

"Goodness, what's gotten you so down? Do you wanna talk about it?"

She sat beside me, I wish she didn't. I feel bad enough already, I don't want to add the burden of worrying my mother to my shoulders right now. I just want Shouyou to feel better.

"Honey?"

"No, sorry, it's just hormones, haha." She's my mom, of course she didn't buy that lame excuse. She just sat beside me and put an arm over my shoulders. It wasn't comforting, I couldn't find comfort in burdening such a busy, stressed woman.

"You know... people are hard to read sometimes, and that makes it hard to understand them. They know that as well as anybody, so it's a lot harder on them than it is for other people."

"Huh?"

She laughed at my response before standing and walking to my dresser where the orb I had taken from Shouyou sat. Her smile as she observed it grew.

"Something happened with you and Shouyou, right? Your Auntie said she heard him crying in his room, too. Shouyou never cries, so it really concerned her and now that I see you acting the same way, something must be going on, right?"

I made... Shouyou cry..?

I stood from my bed, eyes wide. "Sho-Shou-Chan's crying?!" He never cries, not unless he's overwhelmed with feelings or beyond angry. I was fixing to find out why, but Mom stopped me.

"Tooru, you need to think things out clearly. If you go over there now, you know Shouyou will get angry with you. He needs time to calm down, and so do you. You can visit him once you've done so."