06 | sho-chan's crush

505 - arctic monkeys

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

I crumble completely when you cry...

=====

Oikawa didn't believe he had ever felt such a strong pull to a pair of lips before. It was as if Shouyou was begging for it.

The brunet leaned over Shouyou, their lips mere centimeters apart. "Come on, Shou-Chan~ Don't make such a cute face~"

He knew if their lips connected, he'd never want to pull away- He could feel it. Sweat began building upon his brow. Why would he want to kiss the mouth that's insulted him more times than he could count?

Because that face, stricken with loneliness, was the god damn best thing Oikawa had in his life. If he knew where it all went wrong, he would use all of his power to turn back the clock and fix it.

Their lips brushed together, but Oikawa turned his head and brushed some of the hair from Shouyou's face instead.

"Good night," he whispered, ruffling Shouyou's hair and standing up to turn off the light. He couldn't trust himself to sleep in here with Shouyou, so he'd stay on the couch tonight.

-----

Shouyou startled awake as if he had just fallen in his dream, glancing at his alarm clock and releasing a sigh.

2:23 a.m.

He scooted out of his bed- which he couldn't remember getting in any way- and changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt before snatching his skateboard and walking out of his room.

The living room had to be passed to get to the steps leading outside, so that's where Shouyou headed, but he stopped upon seeing Oikawa resting on the couch.

Quietly, Shouyou began tiptoeing past the couch, glancing over to make sure he hadn't woken up the guard dog, but relaxed his tense body once seeing Oikawa's relaxed figure.

He didn't move from his standing position, he didn't make a sound, he only stared with mixed emotions swirling in his eyes.

Once he realized what he was doing, he shook his head, scrunched his nose, and raced past the couch into the lobby of the karaoke bar.

-----

third-person POV | Oikawa Tooru