14 | soup and security

cherry flavoured - the neighbourhood

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

cherry flavored conversations with you got me hanging on.

=====

Oikawa's POV

A low groan broke the silence in my room, and I turned away from my homework, which I was finding hard to focus on anyway, to the origin of the noise.

"It smells like metal in here..."

He sat up, and I quickly rushed over to help support his body. "No, that's just the blood in your nose. I'm so glad you're okay..."

I wanted to hug him, but I settled for just nuzzling my nose into his arm instead. "Of course I am, you were the one who took care of me, after all."

He smiled softly at me and dropped his head against my shoulder with a huff soon after. "I'm hungry as shit."

"Oh, I'll go grab something, just sit tight."

To my surprise, Shouyou's arm tightened around my waist, he mumbled something into my back. It sent a shiver down my spine.

"Uh... What did you say?"

"Thanks..."

His voice sounded tearful as he spoke. "I mean, I couldn't just leave you-"

"No, I just... I bothered you and stuff... so, you know... thanks..."

I could only sit there and soak in the warmth of Shouyou's injured body as he spoke. His body temperature must be really high because his touch is making my body hot, too.

"When they finally left... I didn't really think about the pain or anything... I just wanted to see you... It's stupid..."

My heart leaped, my throat grew dry, and my cheeks began burning a deep crimson, a large contrast to the light pink they once were.

"I'm really sorry about all this... I swear, it won't happen again."

He gripped tighter to my clothes with his bandaged hands, and I placed a hand over it to assure he wouldn't strain it.

"I'm holding you to that big-time, Shou-Chan."

His grip loosened, and I felt his head move in a nod-like way on my back and took the moment to place a gentle kiss on his bandaged knuckles.

"I'll go get you something to eat, Mom's asleep already, so it won't take long."

"Ah, one more thing, To-San."

I turned to him after peeling myself from the bed and followed his finger to my dresser. "Why'd you keep that?"

It was the orb from last Sunday, the one I had not-so-stealthily shoved into my pocket because something like that is treasure, not trash.