13 | leaning on the dresser

loverboy - a-wall

loverboy - a-wall

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

oh, babe, close your eyes. the way you're looking at me... you got me mesmerized.

=====

Shouyou's POV

After receiving an earful from Mom, I finally made it into my room, where I proceeded to completely bury myself in my blankets and scream into my pillow.

It's been such a long day, I wish I could say I was tired, but my emotions were raging. To think it was all just a misunderstanding...

I was happy, honestly, when me and Oikawa made up. At least now we didn't have to act like three-year-olds around each other anymore...

But as much as I hated to think it, my mind was still on Atsumu-San... My mind just- I couldn't wrap my head around what he did to me... Why would he suddenly pull me in like that? Why would he kiss me..?

To say I didn't admire Atsumu-San would be a lie. He was so cool, so fearless, and his looks were... He's fucking hot, okay?

And, I mean, who wouldn't look his way? Such an awesome guy like him attracted a lot of attention, so he took a big risk, pulling such a move on me. The hallway looked empty, but the bell was going to ring soon, people could've seen it.

And he said something... something about me liking him? I mean, I'll admit to having a bit of a... crush, but that only blossomed from my admiration. He's everything I'm not, after all.

I never thought he'd use that against me, especially when I didn't even know he knew. When he kissed me it felt so dirty, so wrong that my fist just moved on its own, and the next thing I knew we were brawling it out.

All I could feel was hot, unwavering anger until I was pulled out of it by such a nostalgic voice... I've wished to hear that voice for so long, to feel that gentle touch again.

I brushed my fingers along the bandage on my face, licking my lips and closing my eyes slowly as my body curled in on itself. "To-San..."

-----

Oikawa's POV | after school the next day, 9:32 p.m.

Shouyou was missing. He was at school today for sure because I remember seeing him in the cafeteria, but I hadn't seen him since.

I crawled into his window, asked Auntie and Mom, hell, I even asked Natsu. They didn't seem too panicked, and I could understand why since Shouyou always goes off on his own a lot.

Something felt off, though I decided not to act upon such feelings and wait until he returned. He was probably late-night treasure hunting at some dumpster or in the junkyard again. Maybe he was getting some fresh air and doing some late-night skating.

I wasn't sure, but, as I sat on my bed with conflicting feelings, something pulled me onto my feet, and the next thing I knew I was sneaking out of my window with my skateboard.

Ten minutes later, I came up empty-handed and headed back in hopes that he beat me to the house. He wasn't in his room, so, almost like a gut feeling, I headed back to mine.

Once the window was properly closed, I could see Shouyou's bloody, bruised body leaning against the side of my dresser. He was wheezing, obviously having a hard time breathing, and his skateboard was as bloody as him, cracked through the middle and barely hanging together.

I was too shocked to move, and he looked up at the sound of the closed window to offer me a defeated, downcasted look.

"... Didn't know where else... to go..."

And I was on my knees in front of him immediately, running my hands gently, frantically along his body to check for any fatal wounds.

The bandage I had put on his head yesterday was hanging off his temple, dripping in blood. "God, Shouyou... Oh, God, what happened? Oh, my God, hang on, hang on, I'll fix this..."

I stood to get the first-aid kit, he grabbed my hand and leaned into it weakly. It seemed like he was hit pretty well in the head and cut deeply on his shoulder. He may need stitches, but I can't tell at this angle, I can't tell in this frantic state.

"It wasn't my... fault this time..." His ribs may've been damaged, it sounded as such. Trauma to the mouth and jaw and stomach. My brain was going into haywire as I scanned over his wounds.

"Someone was... pickin' on a newbie a while... back, and I punched him... but he came back today with his friends and... I'm sorry..."

I was scared to hug him, scared of hurting him, so I placed my forehead atop his torn, bloody knuckles and sighed to calm my nerves some. "It's not your fault, just stay awake while I clean you up, okay?"

Sure, I was used to doing surgeries, seeing blood and injuries... on animals. This was Shouyou, this was the person I fell for, the person I'm trying to fix my relationship with. Seeing him getting hurt all the time is painful, seeing him this hurt is painful.

I had to remove his shirt to get to all the injuries, and, as I patched them up, I continuously glanced up at Shouyou's expression. He looked disappointed in himself for asking for help, and I didn't want that. I want him to rely on me, I want him to trust me.

I wish he didn't feel like that.

The cut on his shoulder wasn't as deep as I thought once it was cleaned, thankfully, but it would still need thick bandages. I repatched his head while the ice was numbing his bruises.

He gripped at his broken board, his eyes fluttering and flickering and I got so scared I just started tapping his face to wake him up. Shouyou definitely has a concussion.

"We have to tell Auntie about this, Shouyou."

"No... It's taken care of... It won't happen again..." His voice was hardly a whisper, his words slurring with each syllable.

His grip slackened on my sweatpants, and I grabbed his hand and placed it back on them. "Shouyou, please hang onto me for a bit longer. I'll let you get as much sleep as you want after this."

He nodded weakly, and I continued cleaning the small cuts along his body and putting bandages on his small knuckles. I hadn't realized I was so shaky before, it was making everything a lot harder.

His grip was slacking again, and I prepared to reach over to his hand again, but he gripped at the fabric of my pants, and I almost sighed in relief.

"Hang on, Shouyou, I have to finish this..."

His eyes would flicker continuously for a bit before he forced them open a sliver. When I finished, I kicked his bloody shirt away, lifted his weak body up, and took him to the bathroom.

I had to take his pants off to clean the sweat and grime and blood off of him, and he only sat there, hissing quietly every now and then.

But the moment I laid him in my bed, he was out like a light, eyes closed and body heavy with the fatigue that had peaked beyond what he could control.

When he passed out, I took his hand, bent down on the side of the bed, and kissed the bandages there continuously while holding his small hand close to me.

This was so stressful, I could only pray and pray that I had fixed him up enough that he'd wake up in the morning.

I could only hope that following Shouyou's wishes and not telling our moms yet wasn't gonna come bite me in the ass later.

"God, please, be okay, Shouyou..."

=====