𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 : 02

talk too much - coin

||❚❚ㅤ▷||

honey come put your lips on mine and shut me up.

4 years later

Oikawa's POV 

=====

Nafplion, Greece

11:59 a.m

"Uwah~! Ahaha!" I spun Shouyou and dropped us in a pile of leaves as we raked our front yard. It was chilly, but not so much so that it was unbearable. More like that perfect weather where you can wear either pants or shorts and not be uncomfortable.

I peppered his cheery face in kisses. "Hey, hey, cut it out! Hahaha!"

He's gotten so much happier and healthier these past few years. I'm so proud of him. And me, too. I've also changed for the better, all thanks to this cute little ginger under me.

"Haha! What, does it tickle?"

"Y-Yeah!"

I was laughing, he grabbed my face and kissed me deeply. Of course, I kissed back. It was natural at this point.

"Let's head inside, I'll make us something to drink." I stood and took a hold of Shouyou's hand to help him stand, but held it all the way back to our small cottage.

We've been traveling for the past year and decided to settle down for a while in Greece. A small home with two rooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen and living room, and a dining space. It was perfect for us since we both grew up in small spaces.

As he got the tea on, I whistled for our dog, Elise (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) one day, you'll know why I put this here-) who soon came scampering out of the back room and sat at the end of the couch.

"Oh, Mom's calling!"

Shouyou flopped onto my lap and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Shouyou, baby, how are you guys doing?" She sounded happy, probably because we had plans to fly down and visit soon before flying down to our vacation home in Argentina.

"We're good! Just finished raking up all the leaves out of the yard!" Speaking of, he still had one stuck in his hair. I pulled it out and began running my hand through his fluffy hair. I received his precious smile in return.

"That's good! I'm glad to hear! Oh, Natsu wants to talk to you!"

Some rustling was heard on the other line before a loud voice broke it up.

"Hi, Shou Nii-Chan! Tell Oi Nii-Chan I said hi, too! Guess what?!"

"You got it, what's up?"

"I was graded the highest in my class! Mom's taking me out for dinner tonight for celebration!"

She was 14 now. Shouyou and I surprised her on her birthday by visiting them and bringing a bunch of food and toys from all the places we had been.

"What?! That's so cool! Congratulations!" I also expressed my awe and how proud I was of her, and she laughed in excitement.

We all talked for a while until, eventually, they had to hang up to head into the diner. I hope they have fun. Shouyou placed his phone on the ground and held his arms out to me.

"What? No kiss?"

A smile drew my lips up. I grabbed Shouyou's hands and sat him up on my lap to kiss him passionately for the next few minutes until the tea kettle squealed.

I had plans with this one-of-a-kind human I was blessed with. I'm gonna marry him.

-----

San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina

5:11 p.m

"I almost forgot how hot it gets here," panted Shouyou, slipping his shirt off and dropping into the sand under the umbrella. I put my book down and ran a hand through his wet hair.

"We just got here and you're already in need of another sunscreen bath, Shou-Chan."

He looked up at me with a pout. "At least I got in the water, Mr. Book-on-the-Beach man."

"I'll get in soon, just finishing this chapter."

He sighed and sat down properly to gulp down a bottle of water. "No rush, just indirectly pointing out your pale skin, vampire."

Truth is, I wanted to get into the water and have a good time with my precious boyfriend, but I was so eaten up with nerves I felt sick to my stomach.

"Hey, Shou-Chan... will you come somewhere with me?" I was happy to force that out, at least. He looked at me in confusion but ultimately nodded.

We held hands the whole way there, to the perfect spot I had picked out where it would be just the two of us.

"Where are we going, To-San? This is high up..."

He was getting a bit nervous, I could tell, so I squeezed his hand a bit and offered him a smile.

"Don't worry, I just want you to see how awesome the sunset is up here."

Finally, we reached the peak of the large hill and stood side by side together to overlook the ocean.

"Woah... It's so shiny, hurts my eyes... haha..."

It's now or never, Tooru...

I got on my knee, he turned to me with a smile that fell as soon as his eyes dropped to the ring in my hand.

"Uhm... To-San..?"

There's always a possibility that I'll be turned down. Shouyou's not big on commitment. I'm beyond worried, I can hardly stutter anything out.

"Uh, well, will you... Uhm, ugh..." I felt sick to my stomach, but I tried to smile it off awkwardly.

Arms wrapped around my neck and pulled me into that warm, familiar comfort I've come to adore over the years. He was crying, I felt his tears on my shoulder and the small tremors in his body.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll marry you, To-San..."

Now it's my turn to cry, though it was more of the happy wail of a child than a cry. I held onto Shouyou tightly, the ring box clutched in my hand as I tried to snuggle impossibly closer to the love of my life.

He was chuckling, crying, his eyes shimmered with tears, this is the first time I'd seen him cry in joy. It was beautiful. He held my face in his delicate hands and kissed me, something that sent my heart into a flurry.

"Will you marry me?" I sobbed out, a wide grin on my face. He chuckled. "I already said yes, To-San..!"

Sliding a ring on his finger was something I never thought I'd get a chance to do, but here we are, fianćes. I'm so happy, I'm so happy to have him.

Today, from here on, we'll be a pair forever.

=====