Chapter 5

"Couldn't we just.. kidnap her?" Waverly suggested.

She was sitting in the forest with Wyatt, waiting for Willa's signal.

The last thing Waverly wanted to do was break into a high school that will be filled to the brim with cheerleaders and zombies in the morning.

Shockingly, It's been almost a decade since she's actually talked to a human..

The only reason she'd set foot near the town was when the elders sent groups out on patrol to make sure no one had gotten too close to finding the den.

"We can't kidnap her." Wyatt sighed. "Trust me, I wish it was that easy."

"Why does it have to be any harder?" Waverly said with a frown. "Just find out where she lives, knock her out, and bring her back here. Simple."

He chuckled. "Stealing a human from their house isn't as subtle as you think.."

"Who said anything about being subtle?"

Just then, Willa's howl echoed through the trees.

The two of them shot up from the ground as werewolves started to race into the forest.

They were acting like a war was starting.. not that Waverly wasn't ok with that, she would be totally fine with slashing her claws through a few humans.

But, they needed to find the alpha.

That was the main priority.

War can wait..

The two werewolves watched as the pack darted past, each wolf with their claws drawn and fangs bared.

Wyatt turned to Waverly and placed one of his tattoo-covered hands onto her shoulder, "You ready for this?"

She turned to him, attempting to hide her nervous expression with a smile. "Yeah.."

Before he had the chance to respond, Willa stormed over and gestured for Waverly to follow the rest of the pack.

Wyatt threw her a wink before walking off with his sister.

Waverly itched the back of her neck anxiously.

She was terrified..

Of course, the fear wasn't that the humans would hurt her, she was scared of hurting them and causing the pack to go back into hiding.

"Waverly!" Willa called.

The werewolf breathed out a sigh and shook out her hands, trying to calm herself down.

Her whole life she's feared facing the human world again.. but they let zombies into their school, so maybe something has changed.

* * *

"Think they have security?" Wyatt questioned.

They were hiding behind large flower pots in front of Seabrook High.

Waverly was on edge, every little noise caused her to flinch.

"I doubt it." Willa shrugged. "Even if they do, catching us won't be that easy."

She lead the pack closer. They raced across campus, trying their best to avoid getting caught.

The last thing they needed was to be captured and thrown into cages like dogs.

Wyatt stayed behind with Waverly.

"You okay?" He asked, shifting closer to her.

She nodded.