Chapter 10

It was almost sunrise. 

Waverly was laid on her back, sitting above the entrance to the den. 

Her feet where dangling over the edge.

The sky was lined with stars. They shimmered like diamonds in the darkness. 

The pack was asleep. 

Normally they'd be up making a mess somewhere but since the wolves are joining a human high school, their sleep schedules had to be altered. 

Of course, Waverly didn't listen to that bullshit. 

She didn't care if she was tired, it's not like they were going there to learn anything anyway. 

She breathed out a sigh and ran both hands through her hair. 

"Shit.."

Waverly was trying to escape the drama by staying away from Wyatt and the rest of the pack.  

She was a coward. 

All the werewolf wanted to do was lie here and stare at the stars forever.

Alone..

When the sun started to rise above the horizon, she closed her eyes and listened to the morning birds start to sing. 

That was the best part of the day. 

Just being one with nature, not caring about anything. 

But she had so much to worry about..

Wyatt's sick. 

Willa's sick. 

Wynter's sick. 

The whole damn pack is sick. 

Except her..

Most people would call her lucky, but she felt cursed. 

Maybe curses ran in the family. It's not like she would know.

The peaceful atmosphere was shattered when a wave of uncontrollable coughing started to echo down the tunnels once again. 

Waverly opened her eyes and groaned. 

"Awesome.."

She pushed herself up onto her elbows and sighed. 

Just then, a dark figure barreled through the trees. There was a strong scent radiating off whoever it was. 

Smelled like a rotting corpse. 

Maybe a zombie?

"Hey! Is anyone out there-"

Before she could finish her sentence, something whipped past her head. 

Her hand shot up and caught whatever it was just as it was about to splinter the tree behind her. 

Waverly screamed in pain when the item started to burn her flesh. She dropped it to the ground and held her hand in pain. 

It was an arrow.. lined with silver. 

Her hands started bleeding from the severe burn and blisters. 

She bit her lip hard, trying to take her attention away from the excruciating pain shooting up her arms. 

She jumped off the ledge so whoever it was wouldn't be able to strike her while she's wounded and vulnerable. 

More rustling shot through the trees.  

Whoever it was, was still in the forest.. taunting her. 

Waverly grabbed the sleeve of her shirt and tore it in two with her teeth, then wrapped the fabric over the wound.