Chapter 27

After chaperones for the dance helped to cleaned the fallen rubble out of the cafeteria, everyone rushed to go enjoy the rest of their night.

Except for Waverly..

She told Wyatt she was going to use the bathroom, but instead, she's been sitting in the hallway far away from the party.

Honestly, finding the moonstone was the highlight of her year, but now.. all she could think about was William and how the hunters were here to slaughter another pack.

The shapeshifter was pressed against the wall, hidden behind a row of bright pink and green lockers.

She unraveled the braids in her hair so that the hairspray holding them together would stop eating away at her skull.

Waverly knew she had to go back to the cafe since Wyatt would soon realize that she had been gone longer than five minutes, but the last thing she wanted to do was face the town that might soon be attacked because of her.

Her boots were all dusty from the tunnels and the human-made corsage that Addison gave Wyatt to give to her was all torn apart.

"Are you going to stay here all night?" A voice said, startling the shapeshifter.

Waverly's eyes shot up, locking with William's.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She muttered, standing up.

"Nice to see you too." He said, laughing slightly.

She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry.. you just really shouldn't be here."

He nodded. "I know."

Waverly watched him sit down against the wall. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you."

She folded her arms over her chest. "Sorry, William, but I really have to get back to-"

"Wyatt?" He said questioningly.

Waverly furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah.. how did you.."

"I may be mind controlled, but I still have eyes, Waverly." William explained, grinning.

She slid down to the floor beside him.

"So, where is your Prince Charming?" He asked, glancing around the dark hallway.

Waverly sighed. "Not here."

"I see that."

She put her hands over her face. "I know.. I just cant face him right now."

The shapeshifter frowned. "Why not?"

"Because I'm the one that's responsible for all the shit that goes wrong in this town."

William shook his head. "That's not tru-"

"It is."

"No, it's not." He continued. "The hunters don't care about you, Waverly. They care about killing werewolves. Just because Matthew has a weird fascination with you, doesn't-"

"Matthew?" Waverly interrupted, her eyes wide.

He froze.

"Is that the name of the man who's after me?"

William looked down at the floor.

Waverly's eyes flashed blue. "Where is he?"

He slid away from the wall. "You cant go looking for him, Wav-"

"Where is he?" She repeated, louder.

"I cant say."

"No!" Waverly snapped. "That's not good enough."