Chapter 45

"What the hell are you talking about, Waverly? You just showed all of the hunter's exactly where we are." Willa growled, storming over to her.

The shapeshifter jumped down, off of the rock.

She hurried past the alpha and over to Addison, examining the necklace she had on.

It was a thin chain with a small pendant in the shape of a star hanging at the bottom, but more importantly, it was silver. 

"Can I borrow that?" Waverly asked.

Before the human could argue, she tore it off. 

"Careful, that's silver-" Willa warned, rushing over.

She frowned when the silver didn't burn Waverly's skin.

"What the hell?"

Waverly grinned. "Here," She said, handing it to the alpha.

Willa gasped as it touched her fingers.

Nothing happened.

The werewolf laughed, holding it up in the air. "You really did it?"

She nodded. "I did."

Just as they got ready to celebrate, a gunshot rippled through the forest.

The hunters were here.

"We need to move, now." Waverly commanded, gesturing for them to follow.

Willa shook her head, glancing back at the rock.

"No, you go, I said I would keep my position." The alpha said, raising her head.

Waverly could see the unsure expression on her face.

"No way," She argued. "You'll be easily spotted."

"It's my choice." Willa said with a sigh.

"Yeah, and you have a choice to live." Waverly went on, shaking her head. "You can't stay here with no backup, that's suicide."

The alpha shrugged. "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

Addison stepped forward. "Well, we're not."

Waverly turned to the blonde, staring at her somewhat surprised.

Sure, Blondie was known for preaching about love and equality or whatever, but since when does a human care about what happens to a werewolf?

"As much as I hate to admit it, she's right, Willa." Waverly said, gesturing for her to follow. "No one gets left behind."

Willa stood there for a moment, as stiff as a board.

Her shoulders relaxed. "When did you start caring about that?"

The shapeshifter sighed.

"Since Wyatt disappeared."

Everyone fell silent.

"Well, whatever it was, it's not going to work. I gave an oath to respect the elders and I won't break it, not now."

Waverly groaned, looking up at the sky. "You're such a pain in the ass Willa, we dont have time for this."

"Waverly-"

"The elders left you here to die, are you willing to die without knowing if Wyatt is alive or not?"

Her eyes dropped to the ground.

As they awaited her answer, Waverly heard someone rustling through the trees about one fifty twenty away from where they were standing.