Chapter 34

*Flashback - 137 Days After the Incident*

Waverly walked into the infirmary.

It was empty since Ms. Lykensen gave Willow the day off.

She looked around at all of the empty beds and huffed out a sigh.

After accidentally destroying half of Winston's self-made stash of body paint and running off, the last thing she wanted to do was run into any of the other wolves from this adoptive pack.

The werewolf began to pace back and forth, replaying the exact moment when everything in Winston's room crashed against the wall, splattering all over the floor and walls.

She didn't know what happened.

Waverly had been stressing about Willa and Wyatt's upcoming 'Battle for Alpha' and completely forgot where she was.

"Hey." A voice said from the entrance, startling her.

She spun around, eyes wide.

Wyatt was standing there, a small sympathetic smile stretched across his face.

"You okay?" He questioned, stepping into the dark room.

Waverly averted her gaze away from him and down to the floor. "You're mad at me."

The werewolf continued to walk towards her. "No."

He stopped two feet away from her.

"What happened?"

Her eyes shot back up, instantly locking with his. "I don't know."

Just as he attempted to move closer, a sudden burst of wind pushed him back. 

He paused. "Are you oka-"

"How did you know?" Waverly interrupted, folding her arms tightly over her chest.

Wyatt rocked back and forth. "How did I know.. what?"

"How did you know I wasn't dangerous?" She finished, sucking in a breath.

His confused expression faltered.

"Come on." He muttered, stepping forward.

She froze as he took a seat next to her.

"Sit."

The werewolf hesitantly slid down the wall.

She turned to him and breathed out.

He flicked the tuft of white hair hovering over his forehead and sighed.

"I just knew, from the moment I laid eyes on you, Waverly. You have this spark.. this energy that drew me in." He began to explain. "Plus, I wasn't going to leave someone so beautiful standing there alone."

Waverly held her breath. "I didn't scare you?"

Wyatt's eyes flickered from their usual coffee brown to gold as he processed her words.

"You could never scare me."

*End of Flashback - Present Time*

"What are you thinking?" Willow questioned, taking a seat at the end of Waverly's bed.

The shapeshifter clung to her beige-colored sheets and sighed. "What if Matthew.. I don't know.. took control of Wyatt's mind?"