Chapter 20

Zombies and cheerleaders continued to pull wounded werewolves away from the construction workers as the students tried to bargain with them.

Waverly watched Bonzo pull Willow over to the wall, she had a small gash on her left temple.

Wyatt had his back to the workers, keeping Waverly out of sight.

"I need to get you out of here.." He whispered, pushing her up back into a seated position.

Waverly shook her head. "No, we need to help-"

"Waverly you're bleeding out right now." He said, placing both hands upon her shoulders. "Please, just walk away from this fight."

She looked away, trying to ignore the pleasing look on his eyes.

Though, Waverly knew he was right.

Trying to fight in her condition would be extremely dangerous and would most likely lead to death, but on the other hand, if she walked away..

"Fine."

He breathed out a sigh. "Thank god."

She scoffed, "Don't act like you wouldn't have dragged me out of here anyway."

Wyatt grinned, helping the wounded werewolf to her feet. "You're a pain in the ass, you know that?"

"You love it."

* * *

The two werewolves arrived back at the den.

"We never should've fought this battle." Wyatt rambled on, helping Waverly to the infirmary.

Wes was treating the elders at the moment since Willow had offered her help in the fight.

"Would you shut up?" Waverly growled, fed up with him. "The last thing I need right now is a migraine from your complaining."

He stopped just outside of the entryway. "You do know how insane this was, right?"

She pushed herself up against the wall. "Yes, but I'm sure you'll tell me anyway-"

"This could spark a war!" He exclaimed, cutting her off.

Waverly thrusted herself forward and slapped a blood-stained hand over his mouth.

"Wyatt, shut the fuck up!" She whispered, scolding him. "The last thing the elders need is worry about the rest of us, alright?"

He nodded his head.

She removed her hand and fell backwards, still weak from the injuries her body was facing.

Wyatt caught her by the arm. "I'm sorry.. this is no time for panicking."

He helped her into the infirmary.

"Sir!" Wes gasped, rushing over to them.

Wyatt noticed the disturbed look on his face. It looked like he had just witnessed something traumatizing.

This wasn't surprising since he was only a pup and many wolves have died at his hand recently.

"What is it?" The werewolf questioned, moving his hand down to Waverly's waist to keep her steady.

"A werewolf was spotted at our border." He began to explain.

"What kind of werewolf?" Waverly asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

"It was no ordinary werewolf.."

"Weston, elaborate."

"A shapeshifter." The boy blurted out, causing Wyatt to stiffen.