Chapter 14

"Wyatt and I aren't talking.." 

"What?" Willow scoffed. "There's no way."

Waverly shrugged. "We had an argument yesterday-"

"Who gives a shit? Every couple has arguments." The werewolf interrupted. "You and him are meant for each other, Waverly."

She breathed out an uneven sigh. "Yeah. Well, he doesn't seem to think so.."

Willow placed a hand onto Waverly's shoulder and grinned deviously. "How do you know that?"

"It's obvious."

"Oh, come on. I've seen the way he looks at you.. you two are like Romeo and Juliet."

Waverly frowned. "So we kill ourselves...?"

"You know what I mean." The werewolf chuckled. "You're soulmates."

The two of them sat there for a moment in silence. 

They were at the campsite to the right of the den. It was made up of four short cement benches and a large fire pit in the center.  

Small blue and purple moonstone shards were spread out in a circle around the site. 

Sure, they were burnt out now, but when they were still active, the shards would keep the camp invisible to anyone who didn't have the werewolf gene. 

The werewolf gene is much different than a humans other than the fact it gives you heightened senses like smell, hearing, taste, sight and sometimes inhuman senses like thermal print and vibrations. 

Some werewolves can actually transform into full wolves with short legs and agility but Willa's pack couldn't do anything like that and Waverly has never been able to shift from form to form. 

It matter's how strong the amount of wolf DNA in your system is. 

"I don't like that." Waverly blurted out. 

Willow frowned, confused by her sudden outburst. "You don't like what?"

"I don't like that word.. soulmates."

"Why? It's basically the most romantic word ever."

She shook her head, "No, it's basically saying someone already chose my fate and is forcing me to end up with him."

Willow's expression softened. "Waverly, I'm trying to say that he loves you."

"Then why is he all over Addison?" 

The werewolf opened her mouth to say something but paused and clamped it back shut. 

"Now, that's a tough one.."

Waverly chuckled and leaned back on the bench.  

Willow dragged her hand through the grass and picked up a few twigs. She tussled them together in her hands then tossed them into the fire pit. 

"What are you doing?" Waverly questioned. "This hasn't been used in years."

The werewolf side-eyed her then kicked the metal toe of her boots together and a spark flew out, landing in the center of the charred mess.  

Immediately, a flame shot up and lit up the forest.

"Holy shit!" She exclaimed.  "How the hell did you do that?"

Willow frowned. "Um, it's not hard, Waverly."

Waverly rolled her eyes and leaned closer to the fire, taking in the warmth. 

The flame flickered back and forth, switching from orange to yellow to bright blue. 

It reminded Waverly of Wyatt's eyes.