❃ Remembering

Author's POV

"Why you both are so much desperate for my marriage mom & dad?" An irritated saransh threw the pillow on floor settling on the couch of their living room. His palm holding his own head as now he has pissed off all this.

"What is your problem saransh? You got a job, you did what you want now atleast listen to us for this. How many more days you will stay single? You are now 28 years old!" His father's voice followed by his side.

"That's the point dear dad! I am ONLY 28 years old not 48 that you are forcing me. Di had also married in her 30s then why are you both behind mine? What's the hurry? I will think about it after 5-6 years." Anand and pallavi shared a stunned look hitting on each side of their son's arms.

"Dare you talk about my daughter! First be like her then compare yourself with her."

"Aisa konsa chand laa diya aapki beti ne aapke liye jo mujhe bol rahe ho aap?! Yaar mom, tell this old man! Everytime he starts with his taunting. I'm telling last time that at this time I'm not intrested in marriage. It's not even one year since I joined and you started your marriage plans. kuch samjho inhe, har waqt mere piche " He grumbled and walked away from there inside his room but like today his parents have took vow to convince him for marriage.

"Please don't irritate me both of you. I have night duty today so I'm getting ready." Coming near the closest he brought out his uniform and then turned to see his parents standing there with their hands folded on chest.

"Huh! Again? Fine! I don't have any girl in my life till now, jab pasand kar lunga toh aapko hi batane wala hu bhag kar shadi nahi karunga. Happy?" He frowned as his mother and father grinned exchanging looks.

"Beta ladki ka problem hi nahi hain! We have already found one for you."

"Oh god! Kya karu main inn dono ka. Can't you both see me happy? And what's this? Now you will arrange my marriage without my consent? My wife will be of my choice so better you change your mind. Aur, Di ne bhi love marriage ki hain!" Pallavi and anand shared a look, then pulling his hand made him sit on the couch.

"Saransh, we never forced you about anything. You joined civil service leaving our own family business but i didn't go against you knowing it's your life and in future too I wont. But son, please let us take decision regarding this. We want to see you happy with the girl we have chosen. I'm sure that you will like her. She's a very nice gril and trust us you will be happy with her." He didn't look up at them as he knew he can't say no now. He may have said no if there is someone else in his heart but in actual he never was on this things and he has no planning for marriage too.

Lifting his head he passed a slight nod. "Ladki ka naam jaan sakta hu main? Ya fir vo bhi shadi ke baad hi!" Both of his parents chuckled at this and nodded.

"You know that girl very well."

"What? Yaar kisske saath meri shadi karwane jaa rahe ho aap?" He wiggled his eyebrows. Anand brought out his mobile and turned it to saransh opening the image of that girl who will be their daughter in law.
The moment saransh laid his eyes on her pic it got stuck, for few minutes his mind gone to another world but he pushed that thought and stood up on his place with his eyes popped out wide.

"What!? She? How can she, dad? I'm not gonna marry her. I'll never!"

"But why? What's the problem? She's so beautiful, well mannered, talented and much more. You won't get anyone better than her." Pallavi jumped in between father-son duo.