❃ Sorrow

Author's POV

The doors of OT room opened as from inside the doctor appointing janvi stepped out. Saransh hurriedly got up and walked towards the doctor.

"Sab thik hain na doctor? Meri janvi aur mera baby, dono thik hain na? Kuch hua nahi na unhe?" Without giving him space he threw his questions on the doctor.

Anand held on his son's shoulder as he asked him to calm down. "Calm down saransh, vo bata rahe hain na. Doctor, janvi aur baby thik hain na?"

The doctor sighed and looked at them. Everyone's curious eyes were on him which saddened him as he was going to break everyone's heart by the bad news.

"We are extremely sorry but we failed to save your baby Mr. Saransh! Aapka baby duniya mein aane se pehele hi mar gaya." Saransh face lost all it's colours as he taken back by the revelation.

Anand-pallavi and the other couples shocked as their hopes also broke hearing the words. The child for whom they have dreamt was no more alive? His child died before seeing the world? How will he face her now? What will he answer when she will ask for her baby? What will be her reaction?

"Doctor, beta tha ya beti?" Raghini asked as saransh too looked him.

"Beti thi! Jab janvi slip hui tab baby ke head par lag gaya aur baby ki maut ho gayi. Janvi ki condition abhi thik hain lekin be careful." Leaving another shock he left from there. Saransh sat down on the bench with emotionless face. He was unable to accept that his child is no more. Few hours ago he and janvi were dreaming for their baby and now it converted into a horrible reality.

His palms reached on his face as he hid it in them, tears streamed down his cheeks resembling the pain of his heart.

Flashback ~

Some hours before the accident~~

After making her ready naira gone out of the room to look after other decorations. As in sometime the guests will arrive for the baby shower ceremony. Janvi checked herself in the mirror and blushed seeing the photo frame of saransh kept right in front of her.

Her palm reached on her grown up stomach as she creased it lightly. "Dekho abhi tak tumhare papa nahi aaye! Aaj bhi hume akela chod diya."

"Khabardaar meri beti ko apne baap ke against bhadkaya! Thodi der akela kya chod diya baap beti ko alag karne mein lag gayi?" A playful voice reached in her ears as she turned back smilingly at him. Saransh walked near her and sat down on his knees at her height. His both palms rested on each sides of her bump as he planted a kiss there and then on her head.

"Dekho baby kaise tumhari mumma aapke papa ki burayi kar rahi hain. Aap bas bahar aao fir saath mein inhe punishment denge. I love you so much, jaldi se aa jao!" He again kissed there as janvi smiled.

"Aacha ji, beti ke saath milkar mujhe punish karoge?"

"Haa karunga! Meri beti hain usske saath jo chahe karu!"

"Sirf beti beti karo tum! Mujhe toh bhul hi gaye ho na. Jao nahi baat karni mujhe tumse!" Janvi's mood changed as she chided on him puffing her cheeks. Saransh blinked his eyelashes innocently as he still wondering about how can a person change mood in a very next second? But then from five months he is experiencing this. This wasn't new for him as her mood swings have already taken toll over his head and now he is just wishing for his baby to come soon and his janvi to become normal and not a moody one.

Holding her chin in between his fingers he made her look at him. "Kitni moody ho gayi ho!"

"Kya karu fir? Mera ansh ab mujhse pyaar hi nahi karta. Usska pyaar ab sirf usski beti tak hain." Her eyes instantly moistened as she tried to hide them but failed. Knowing about this saransh got up and took her till the bed. Making her sit on it he wiped the tears from her cheeks.