the substitute

───✧❅chapter VI❅✧───

Florence was strolling through the hallways of McKinley High with sleep still in her eyes. The night before had been as great as it had been tiring. After spending the evening and part of the night with Tina, Mike and Sam, Florence barely got any sleep.

"Good morning, Coach Sylvester'' Florence greeted as she walked past the Cheerios coach. Her lack of sleep didn't keep her from being in a good mood, and even though Sue Sylvester wasn't her favorite person in the world, she tried her hardest to be polite to her.

"It's Principal Sylvester now, Flora!''  The woman yelled proudly, not even turning her head as she continued her walk down the hall.

''Huh?'' Florence mumbled to herself, dismissing the fact that Sue got her name wrong and instead focussing on the other part of her sentence. She spun around in hopes of getting an explanation but sadly the woman had already disappeared into the crowded hallways. Luckily, Santana was standing at her locker, a few away from Florence.

Deciding that asking her was her best shot at finding out what Sue was talking about, Florence raced towards Santana. As she approached the cheerleader, Florence smelled a scent she loved very much, the smell of coffee. Santana held a big cup of coffee in her hands as she listened to Florence's rant.

"Sue? The new principal? Are you serious?" Santana yelled, taking a big sip of the steaming hot beverage. Florence nodded enthusiastically, her eyes focussed on the paper cup.

"That's what she told me" She confirmed, "Could I have some coffee?-

Santana's jaw dropped "You're kidding me, right?" she asked once again, clearly not having heard Florence's last question.

"Nope. I'm very much serious" Florence sighed, "Can I please have a sip of your coffee?-

"I'm gonna go talk to her'' Santana replied. She took off, the cup of coffee in her hand as she strolled through the halls.

Florence sighed and made her way to her locker. After she got the books she needed out, she spun around, coming face to face with her brother. Kurt's head was turned in Santana's direction as he watched her walk through the halls.

"What's with her?" He asked, also taking a sip from a large coffee. Florence's eyes got big as she stared at the Lima Bean logo on the paper cup, she reached out her hand but Kurt pulled the cup away.

"I think Coach Sylvester might be the new principal" Florence mumbled, glancing at the cup of coffee.

''You're kidding!'' Kurt yelled, dramatically gesturing with his hands. Florence sighed, not having enough energy to go through the whole explanation again.

''Why do people always assume that?" She pouted, "Well, I'm not sure, but I walked past her and when I greeted her, she said that I had to call her principal Sylvester from now on" Florence explained, her gaze still set on the beverage in her brother's hands. "Do you still want your coffee?"

''I'm gonna go talk to Santana" Kurt spoke. He walked away as quickly as he had arrived, discarding the coffee cup into the trashcan as he emerged into the crowd.

"I just want some coffee" Florence sighed. She slid down against the wall dramatically,soflty landing on the floor not much later.

"We have been summoned" A familiar voice spoke. Florence lifted her head up and smiled when she saw who was speaking to her. Mike took a seat besides her on the floor, handing her a large cup, the Lima Bean logo printed on it. Sam sat down next to his friends, and not much later Tina also set herself down on the school's floors.