hold on to sixteen (part two)

Puck's words didn't have as much effect as he had hoped, at least not with Sam, who was still hugging Florence like he wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon. The New Directions on the other hand, abruptly stopped what they were doing as they stared at both Florence and Puck in shock.

"Excuse me, let go of your what, now?" Mike spat. Tina wanted to tell her boyfriend not to be rude, but she was as curious and surprised as he was and decided to let it slip.

Puck yanked the teenagers away from each other, but this didn't keep them from staring at each other in complete awe. "When did you... How long have you been..." Florence muttered. She tried her hardest to form a complete sentence, but for some reason her mind didn't let her.

"I only returned today. Finn and Rachel found me and brought me here" Sam explained. He had had a smile on his face ever since he entered the room, and it only got bigger as he looked at the girl in front of him.

"Are we all just ignoring what Puck said?" Mike suddenly yelled, snapping Florence and Sam out of their bubble.

"Nope. We aren't" Puck spoke. He grabbed Florence's wrist and made his way to the front of the class. The New Directions were all still totally flabbergasted about what they just heard. Only Quinn and Kurt, who already knew the news, seemed to be quite calm about it all.

"As you all know, Florence and I have been dating for a while now. Since we are totally all over each other, I proposed" Puck loudly spoke.

Kurt looked like he wanted to throw up when he heard the words "All over each other" but that was nothing compared to how the other New Directions were looking. The choir room was dead calm as they all looked at the two people in front of them.

"Florence... What did you say?" Finn whispered. Florence still hadn't taken her eyes off Sam as she took a deep breath. She finally looked away and stared at the ring on her hand. When she looked back up, she saw Sam still staring at her. He had a soft smile on his face.

That threw her off, and only for a minute, she wanted to change her mind about it all. "I, uhm.... I said yes" Florence whispered, holding up her hand with the ring on it.

Rachel sent Quinn a look. Both of them knew something Florence didn't . Puck had cheated on Florence with Shelby, more than once. He obviously hadn't told her, but Rachel was seriously considering telling Florence herself, and was looking at Quinn for some sort of confirmation.

Quinn softly shook her head. She wanted to tell Florence just as badly as Rachel did, but she knew now wasn't the right time.

While Sam and Florence were still staring at each other in silence and the New Directions were softly exchanging their opinions, Kurt noticed Rachel and Quinn exchanging glances.

"What's going on?" The brunette whispered, looking at both Rachel and Quinn in hopes of getting an answer. Quinn checked to make sure Florence wasn't within hearing distance before she moved closer to Kurt.

"He did WHAT?!"

Florence's whole world had just been turned upside down. Sam was suddenly back in town and now she wasn't sure if she had made the right decision getting engaged to Puck.

She was on her way to practise with the Troubletones when she passed the choir room. She stopped to look at the boys practising some sort of weird dance move. Blaine and Sam were arguing about something, and Florence was able to pick up what they said.

"I came back here to win!" Sam spoke, clearly annoyed by something. Florence lightly chuckled at Artie attempting to roll his upper body in a smooth way. The way he looked to proud of himself and looked around to see if anyone saw him.