the purple piano project

Summer break was over and the new school year had started. Jacob Ben Israel was strolling through the crowded halls of McKinley High, a microphone in his hand and a camera following him every step he took.

"Shalom, blogosphere. Jacob Ben Israel here at McKinley High" he spoke into the microphone he held in his sweaty hands. "Big stakes senior year! Who will succeed and who will fail?"

JBI had approached Finn Hudson and stared up at him as he introduced the boy to his followers. "Finn Hudson, mediocre quarterback, mediocre Glee Club lead. What do you want to be when you grow up?" the curly headed boy asked, shoving the microphone into Finn's face.

"Me?" Finn confusedly asked. "Uh... Yeah, I have plans" He spoke, not fully comprehending what was happening.

JBI asked some other kids, mostly members of the New Directions the same question, revealing some interesting answers.

"My mom still hasn't decided if I'm going to Harvard or Stanford yet" Mike Chang confessed as his girlfriend tried her best to flatten the wrinkle in his shirt. Jacob shifted his attention towards her.

"Where are you applying?" He asked, briefly looking in the camera before passing the microphone towards Tina.

"I'm not. I'm a only a junior" the girl explained, she pointed towards herself and Artie, "Were juniors, Mike is a senior"

This explanation confused JBI and he made his way over to the boy in the wheelchair. "Huh? I thought you were a senior?"

"Optical Illusion" Artie sighed, "The chair adds a year"

Rachel and Kurt were in the choir room, Rachel was practicing her singing and Kurt played some tunes on the piano she was leaning on, intensely staring into the camera that approached her.

"I'm glad you asked" she smiled. Both her and Kurt smiling brightly as they noticed the camera pointed on them. "This year we'll both be applying to a New York-based performing arts school" she told JBI, her gaze fixated on the camera as she stood up. "We'll get an eclectic little apartment on the Lower East Side"

"Think Bette and Barbara Hershey in Beaches, pre-cardiomyopathy" Kurt added, jumping up from his seat as well.

Rachel seemed tp think the attention had been away from her for too long, and she regained the focus that was on her earlier by jumping in front of Kurt. "I'll originate a role in a new Sondheim musical, ill have a Tony by 25 and be married by 30-

"Sounds awful. Kurt, where did your smoking hot sister go? I haven't seen her since her little boyfriend left" JBI spoke, brutally honest as ever. Kurt didn't say anything, so Jacob went to look for her himself. it didn't take him long, after all, the girl's looks were quit outstanding in the bland school halls. 

"What do you want, JBI?" Florence sighed, throwing her cigarette into the trashcan. she ran a hand through her hair as she awaited Jacob's answer.

"Calm down, Harley Quinn. I just want to know why you decided to change your old, hot appearance to... whatever this it" he spoke. The camera zoomed in on Florence's hair, which was noticeably shorter than it was last year.

"Why do you care?" Florence shot, grabbing a bottle of water from her bag.

"Why is it blue?" JBI yelled, the loud noise startling the girl.

"It isn't entirely blue" Florence sighed, "Part of it is white. And I like blue, that's why. Are we done here?"

"Not exactly" the boy replied, "I see you're still wearing the lettermen jacket a certain football player gave you last year. Can we take this as a sign your still aren't over him, even after all those months of not seeing him?"