hold on to sixteen (part three)

"You're kidding, right? You're engaged to him, you can't not love him. That's like... illegal" Finn muttered, trying his hardest to look into his sisters eyes, but she avoided his gaze. Finn didn't know what to say. He found all of this very confusing, why would you agree to marry someone you aren't in love with? He scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

"If you are really like... a million percent sure that's how you feel you should tell Puck" Finn spoke, "I mean, he's done some wrong things over the years but he deserves to know what you just told me. If you aren't in love you shouldn't be getting married"

Florence nodded, her eyes still focussed on the desk as her fingers drew little invisible circles on the wood like material of it. "There's something else I kinda didn't tell you, or anyone for that matter"

Finn's eyes widened. "Please don't be pregnant" he mumbled and flashbacks entered his mind, Quinn with her round belly, the sonogram she gave when he still thought Beth was his, and the little blanket from his childhood he gave her while they were standing at their lockers. Before Finn could spiral any further, he heard Florence laughed.

"God no. That rollercoaster ended the second i threw all the negative tests out" she laughed. Finn laughed, happy to see his sister smile.

"Wait a minute... What tests?" He said, the smile on his face suddenly fading away very quickly. Florence realised what she had just said and her smile went away as well.

"Oh, nothing. It's an expression" She lied. Finn thought about that for a moment before nodding in approval.

"Alright. Then what is it you didn't tell anyone?" Finn asked, " You don't have to tell me, i can always ask Kurt to spy on you again" he added.

"Again?" Florence asked, a surprised expression taking over her face.

Finn awkwardly smirked. "I'm joking, obviously" He mumbled.

Florence decided to believe him for now, but to be sure she scanned the room to make sure Kurt wasn't hiding behind one of the chairs before she continued speaking. "Before I tell you you have to swear not to tell anyone" Finn nodded and she smiled. "So I kinda lied when I said i wasn't in love. I actually am, but not with Puckerman" she softly spoke.

"Oh my God! You're in love with Quinn!" Finn yelled. Florence's eyes widened and she quickly placed her hand over Finn's mouth. "I knew it" he muttered.

Florence sent Finn a warning. look before removing her hand. "I am not in love with Quinn! Why does everyone think that?" She wondered.

"Because both of you are about as straight as Blaine's natural hair" Finn mumbled.

Florence rolled her eyes. "That's not... The point" she mumbled.

Finn coughed. "Right, sorry. Continue" he smiled.

"Thank you. Ever since Sam returned my mind has been a mess, more than it usually is. And i couldn't figure out why that was for the life of me. But when you were performing Brittany said something really smart"

Finn looked surprised. "Our Brittany?"

Florence giggled softly. "Yes, our Brittany. I was watching you guys sing man in the mirror, and she noticed I was blushing. She then proceeded to explain to me why people blush, which --for the record, I obviously knew already. She had this whole story about how the teddybears in her cartoon blushed when they were looking at the person they were in love with. It didn't hit me right away but when we were on stage again just now it suddenly clicked. I kind of already knew that I didn't truly love Puck, but the silence and the bright lights made me realise that I was blushing because I was looking at Sam"