a very glee christmas

hi babes!!
i found out i never covered this chapter, and since it's xmas i thought i'd finally do it! this is a season two episode, so it doesn't line up with the currently storyline of this book. this chapter is short but i hope you'll enjoy it anyways :)
happy holidays & a happy christmas to those of you who celebrate <3

xx lav

✧❅chapter ten❅✧

florence's earbuds blasted christmas music into her ears as she entered mckinley high. she smiled and waved as she walked past rachel and puck, leaving rachel in slight shock.

rachel slowly waved back before sending puck a very confused look. "you saw that too, right?" the girl asked.

puck chuckled as he watched florence turn the corner and walk into another hallway. "she loves christmas. a lot" he explained, "we were kind of a thing around christmas last year... i've never seen anyone so obsessive about a christmas tree before"

rachel sighed. "i keep forgetting the two of you dated, creeps me out" she spoke.

puck shrugged "she never brings it up anymore, it's like she doesn't want people to know about it" he thought out loud.

florence walked past brittany, who's locker had turned into quite the christmas spectacle. florence smiled as she took her earbud out and made her way to the blonde cheerleader.

"hi, florence! merry christmas!" brittany smiled cheerfully, quickly wrapping her arms around florence's neck to give her friend a warm hug. "i love your sweater! it's so ugly!" brittany chirped,

florence quickly hugged her friend back, eager for warmth since she just stepped out of the cold from outside. "thank you!" she smiled, not totally sure brittany's comment was completely a compliment, but just assuming it was.

"you too, brit" florence smiled. as the two girls hugged, artie came wheeling their way. sensing there was some unresolved issues between the two, florence decided it was time for her to continue her walk down the hall.

after quickly wishing artie a merry christmas, florence spun around, colliding with someone as she did so.

"florence!" the person she collided with spoke, their tone indicating they were happy to see the brunette girl. florence looked up and when she noticed who she bumped into, an even bigger smile than before appeared on her face.

"sam!" florence exclaimed, "merry christmas!" she added, smiling brightly. when she noticed sam was shivering, she got on her tippy-toes and wrapped her arms around sam's shoulders, hugging him just as tightly as brittany had hugged her a few moments earlier. sam quickly hugged her back, enjoying both the warmth her body gave off and the familiar smell of her brown hair.

"hi" sam mumbled, a dopey smile on his face as the two separated. sam took off his jacket as they walked over to his locker together.

as he tried his hardest stuffing the coat into his already full locker, florence gasped. "oh my god" she laughed, slapping a hand over her mouth as she looked sam up and down.

"what?" sam asked, also looking himself up and down, making florence giggle. the cheery girl softly grabbed sam's face, directing his eyes to look at her outfit.

"oh my god!" sam exclaimed when he realized he and florence had the exact same, very ugly christmas sweater on.

"if this doesn't describe our friendship perfectly i don't know what does" sam laughed, staring at the reindeer on florence sweater, who's glittery eyes were staring back at him intensely.

"also, my jacket does not fit in my locker anymore, any chance i could put it in yours?" he asked, holding up the jacket.

"yes, but only because you have such a cool sweater" the girl smirked, "you can't honestly be surprised it doesn't fit,. there's like sixty different kinds of chapstick in that locker of yours"

sam shut his locker before following florence to hers. "yeah well, that's partially your fault. you got me the bubblegum flavored one, and the birthday cake one, and the jelly bean one"

"that's true" florence admitted, folding sam's jacket before placing it in her locker. "which reminds me" she added, reaching in her bag for something.

she smiled when she found what she was looking for, pulling out a red, glittery envelope and handing it to sam.

"this thing gives me major rocky horror flashbacks" sam grinned as he opened the envelope. he smiled when he discovered there were two things inside, one of which was yet another chapstick.

"gingerbread flavored" he read out loud, "nice! thank you, this one was definitely missing from my collection, until now"

sam's smile grew even brighter when he got out the second item in the envelope, a christmas card. he opened the card and read what florence had written inside.

"dear sam, kurt is looking at me while i write this card to you so i really have to watch what i write, but i wanted to wish you a merry christmas! in the short time i've known you you've become one of my favorite people, and i can't imagine my life without you anymore. love, flo"

"thank you" sam laughed, "i can't imagine my life without you anymore either, but i feel like it would be a lot less fun" he smiled, looking into florence's blue eyes.

"oh my god, you guys look adorable!" a voice suddenly sounded.

quinn smirked as she approached sam and florence. "i can't believe you are wearing matching christmas sweaters, that's unbelievably cute"

florence sent her friend a warning look, which quinn ignored completely. "we didn't do it on purpose" sam mumbled, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"that doesn't make it less cute" quinn giggled, handing both of them a pink christmas card.

quinn hugged florence tightly, a smirk still on her face. "you're never gonna shut up about this, are you?" florence whispered.

"never" quinn smiled, "and i'd look up if i were you" she added when florence and her had broken apart. she sent florence a wink before making her way to brittany to hand her a christmas card as well

florence and sam both looked at the ceiling, their cheeks turning a dark shade of pink when they realized what quinn had meant.

"we both know what that means" sam said, nervously looking up at the mistletoe sticking out of the ceiling above them.

"do we?" florence teased, hiding her nerves pretty well despite the fact that the butterflies in her belly were racing around at full speed.

without giving it a second thought, sam reached down and carefully planted a kiss on florence's forehead.

"merry christmas, flo"

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•