the sue sylvester shuffle

It was cold outside. Christmas season was over, and football season had began. Florence was talking with Quinn about a movie they watched last night when she heard someone yell her name -or some creative version of it- from across the football field.

"Fiona! Get over here!" Cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester yelled.

"Only if you call me be the right name!" Florence yelled back. Even though Sue was multiple feet away from her, she could see the woman rolling her eyes from where she was standing.

When Florence arrived at the chair Coach Sylvester was sitting in, she tried her best to fake a smile.

"What did you need me for?" She asked

"I need you to join the Cheerios. I saw some old videos of your dance recitals and we could really use someone like you" Coach Sylvester explained.

"Did Quinn tell you to say this?" Florence sighed, "And how on earth did you manage to get my dance recital videos?"

"Fabray asked me multiple times, yes. But that's not why I'm asking it. As much as I don't like to compliment anyone but myself, I think you are really talented and I need someone like you in the Cheerios" Sue spoke, completely neglecting Florence's second question.

"I will think about it" Florence sighed.

"Unfortunately that's not possible. I need to know now" Sue replied

Florence -who was already bad at taking decisions by herself without freaking out- felt very stressed about having to make quite a big decision in quite a small amount of time.

"Why don't you go ask your boyfriend, find out what he thinks?" Sue interrupted her thoughts

"What boyfriend?" Florence laughed

"What? Do you have more than one? I mean the blonde one, with the big lips" Sue replied, annoyance taking over her voice.

"Sam is not my boyfriend" Florence spoke defensively. She hadn't spoken to Sam a lot the last few days. Ever since Kurt talked to him at Sectionals he had been acting strange.

"Are you serious? You two are always all over each other inside that Glee Club room" Sue inquired, sounding genuinely interested for the first time ever since Florence had known her, "And besides, he looks at you all funny... Anyways, if you aren't going to ask him, can I assume you're in?" The blonde woman asked

Glancing over at Quinn -who was sending her a thumbs up- Florence decided she was going to do it.

"Sure" Florence smiled.

"Great! Here's your cheerleading costume" Sue said, shoving a soft red and white package into Florence's hands.

"You already had it made?"

"Fabray knew your size, and I knew you would say yes" Sue explained, "Now get of the field, the match is about to start" 

The New Directions were gathered in the Choir Room when Artie rolled in. Completely covered in Slushee.

"Oh my god! Artie!" Tina spoke, noticing the boy's soaked clothes.

"It was awful" Artie whispered. Brittany immediately got of her chair to help him.

"That's it! Screw rehearsal!" Finn yelled. He was already on edge after what happened in the locker room a few hours earlier.

Karofsky had made yet another joke about Glee club, and Finn lost it.

"This ends here and now" He spoke, pacing out of the room, Sam, Finn, Puck and Mike in his wake, " We're gonna go all Thunderdome on those guys!"