funeral

The Glee Club was sat down in the choir room, as usual. There was also something unusual, or rather, someone unusual.

"New Directions! I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant... Jessie St. James" Mr. Schuester spoke, turning around a little to point at the boy standing next to him.

The room was dead silent, only Rachel was happily applauding. This was no surprise, she was about the only one Jessie had made a good impression on past year, and after fighting Finn at prom he had lost everyone's respect.

"I don't trust this guy" Finn spoke, the events from last year still fresh in his mind, "How do we know he's not just going to trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins"

"I don't think I have to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn" Jessie shot. Florence couldn't suppress a small laugh from escaping from her mouth. She liked the former Vocal Adrenaline member just as much as everyone else, but appreciated his humor.

"Guys, Jessie is just a consultant. I still make all the calls. Now I have all the confidence in the world in you guys, I just think we could use all the help we can get" Mr. Schuester explained, pointing at the whiteboard where Nationals was written on.

"This is it. we've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. I was talking with Jessie and he agreed that we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition" Mr. Schuester spoke, "I was thinking of doing one group number and a duet"

"Rachel and I should sing a duet" Finn practically yelled, pointing towards the brunette girl in front of him, "We killed it last year with faithfully"

"Yeah, killed us. We lost" Quinn reminded him, sighing loudly at the painful memory.

"May I say something?" Jessie asked, waiting for Mr. Schuester to tell him yes. The teacher nodded and Jessie set his gaze on the new directions.

"I agree that Rachel should sing lead" Jessie announced

"What a surprise" Florence laughed. Mr Schuester heard the comment and shot her an annoying look.

"Finn" Jessie continued, "I think it's best if you sit this one out. Fact is, most of the guys in here are better singers. And Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kinda sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop"

Kurt quickly covered his mouth to prevent himself from laughing, Puckerman on the other hand, didn't even try to cover up the fact he was totally amused by Jessie.

Kurt leaned forward a little bit so he could talk to his sister "I'm starting to like him" he whispered. Florence nodded and Kurt leaned back in his chair.

Florence wasn't sure what she thought of the guy yet, she liked his humor but wasn't very happy about the way he spoke to her brother, joking around was okay, but she felt like this was a personal attack towards Finn.

"You see! You see what I'm talking about?" Finn yelled, feeling the same was as his sister "This guy is a jerk!" Finn looked at Quinn who was sitting on his right, but she wisely kept her mouth shut.

"Jessie, maybe you could be a little bit gentler with your advice?" Mr. Schuester asked, not as amused as his students.

"I'm sorry" Jessie spoke, clearly not sorry in the slightest. "I didn't realize that we were training for the "good try" ribbon at Nationals. I thought we were ran it to win the whole damn thing. And there's only one way we can do that"

"Poison darts?" Brittany suggested, very confident about her own idea.

"The vocal adrenaline strategy is simple. Identify your best performer and built the entire performance around them" Jessie explained, looking around the room to look everyone in the eyes.