Mistakes

Izuku POV:

A few days passed since the incident with Stain in Hosu. Once the police and pros arrived at the scene, the Hero Killer was arrested and sent to a hospital for villains. From what I was told, he had both his arms broken with his right completely shattered, his skull fractured in three areas, a few broken ribs and some internal bleeding. It was a little difficult stablizing him after all that, but the doctors were at least able to make it where his life won't be in jeopardy. Our side however wasn't all that lucky to walk away unscathed though. I had a few broken bones and internal bleeding, Native had a few cuts that were rather deep from Stain, and Iida had a bit of nerve damage from where Stain stabbed him. Though, Boris has refused to come out as well as Bendy and Alice. I wouldn't blame them though since the last time I let the monster half out, it nearly killed me and the time before actually did kill someone. Letting my rage creations out...was without a doubt a mistake on my end.

On the day Iida was supposed to be released, Manual, Gran Torino and the chief of police in Hosu came in. "Good to see you both are alright." The man had a face of a dog and a body of a human as I could tell. He immediately bowed to us before speaking again. "My name is Kenji Tsuragamae. Head of police in Hosu. First I'd like to say how appreciative I am that you were able to detain the Hero Killer. You have done both the city of Hosu as well as the heroes that govern this country a great deal. But, there are still some matters that must be dealt with." I gulped when he said this to turn to me first. "Since Gran Torino said you had authorization to use your quirk Midoriya, you're not going to be judged on your actions. But the injuries and eye witness reports by Native do lead me to worry if that power of yours is even controllable to begin with."

I held my head down before answering. "That ability was...a bad judgement call on my end to use. I should've never let it happen."

"Mistakes are bound to happen. It's part of growing up since you learn from them. However, they can be unavoidable if you don't use proper logic with them. So tell me, what was the logic in letting something you deem now a 'mistake' to be sent out? You won't be judged for this, I'm just curious."

I tried to think back on what was happening to explain it. "I wanted to end the fight fast. Stop Iida and Native from getting hurt and bring them to safety before anything. I was able to control my rage creations for a small amount of time outside my body, so I tested that and..."

"You thought you could stop an enemy before your own natural limit would die out. It is a bad judgement call, but you were able to prevent things from going farther by stopping whatever it was. You did make bad choices in that alleyway, but you also took hold of the scenario the best you could. And because of that, the Hero Killer lives to face his crimes and you prevented anyone else from getting hurt. I wouldn't call this a perfect win, but it is a win since the worst outcome did not happen."

"Thank you sir."" I bowed my head still feeling bittersweet with the incident before Tsuragamae turned to Iida.

"Now that that's out of the way, we should discuss your actions in Hosu, Tenya Iida." We both went pale hearing this for the chief to start. "Though the Hero Killer should be charged with his actions, you have also broken a fair share of laws in response."

"Wait, but Iida was just as much a victim as Native was. Why is he getting charged?"

"I'm not saying he's the villain in this story, Midoriya. But he is also not innocent in this. Unlike you, Iida went after the Hero Killer using a quirk with no authorization. Though we do not agree with it at times, we must uphold the law to the best of our standards. Going against someone with a quirk intentionally is easily 2 years in prison or higher depending on the circumstances as well as if anyone is harmed in this. Yes, Stain broke laws and will face charges on that, but the law isn't ironclad enough to keep Iida from being arrested. Quirk laws are still new and not complete yet, so as such, we will have cases like Iida's come into play. They are unfair at times, but these rules are put into play so people will deter from doing things knowing there is consequence to them."