Changing Dreams

Few days later, Izuku POV:

"YOU'RE WHAT!?" Everyone in class A shouted in unison as they heard my decision.

"Starting next week, I'll be brought down to General Studies. I just...can't do this anymore." I felt a little ashamed of saying 'I give up' on my dream of being a hero, but there wasn't a lot I could do to explain it.

"Midoriya. If this has something to do with the man and him taking your ability to create things, this isn't the way to-"

"But it does have everything to do with that, Iida." I tried to stop Iida from saying something I didn't want him to while continuing. "I like helping people. There isn't any shame in me admitting that and I feel bad I'm not helping them the way that I planned. But I felt...hollow when I lost my power and my friends. I know it's hard to explain, but I feel like going on without them is just wrong. Bendy, Boris and Alice all were motivation for me to keep going on this dream and I loved it and them, but there's noting better I can say but I just don't want to continue this without them."

Everyone was silent in this with Kaminari speaking up. "I don't get it. You still got power, but you don't wanna use it to be a hero even though you can still be one? Sounds kinda lame to me-" Jirou stopped him by smacking him upside the head.

"It's a matter of losing his drive, not the fact he can't do stuff anymore, idiot!"

"So what are you gonna do in the future for your life career?" Kirishima asked for me to think about it.

"I dunno. I might just be a boring salaryman and keep the world around me afloat in my own way. Nothing wrong with being something simple."

"But you could be a big shot. Why settle for something that no girls will fall for you when you say what your job is?" Mineta asked for me to stare blankly at him. "What? I'm not wrong."

"It might not be as fulfilling as other jobs out there, but it would be a way to make a living. Not a great one, but I can still manage in my own way. Besides, I still have people by me in case I do find something else better suited for me right now." I smiled at this with everyone understanding my decision. However, Kaachan and Ochako felt more depressed by this thinking that this was sorta their fault. "These things unfortunately happen. I wanted to be a hero and to some degree, I still do. Who wouldn't wanna be something like that. But, I just don't feel like it's right anymore to do this and I should go for something better suited for me. For now though, I'll finish high school and determine where I wanna go from there after. I might even pick up a part time job as a way to get a little more cash saved up if I wanna go into something that I need a college degree with. This isn't the end of my life, just the end of a portion."

Yaoyorozu spoke up after hearing this with a little bit of understanding. "At least you're not leaving the school, so we'll probably see you around still."

"You're right. We can always see you in General Studies' dorm area if we ever wanna hang." Kirishima seemed a little more happier about this with Ashido making a sly remark to this.

"Something tells me that we'll be seeing weekends where Katsumi and Ochako won't be in the dorms either. Maybe they'll get a noise complaint from the other students next to Mido's room~"

All three of us blushed to go beet red at this with everyone getting a laugh at our expense. 'At least they're not angry about this or depressed.' I walked out of the dorm when I said this to calm myself and sit on one of the seats out in the overhang. After a minute, Kaachan came out to sit next to me.

"So you're mind's made up?"

"Yeah. I just, don't think it's right to continue this without them by my side."